Chapter 23: One

Chapter 23: One

if  you're having a hard time letting go,
realize that if they wanted to stay,
they'd still be here

_______________

"Why does everyone say freaking as my middle name. It's not my middle name." He mumbled.

I was about to slam the door in his face for the second time that day but he stopped me sticking his foot in the door and pushing it open with his hand. Pretty much force himself in.

Paris glared at him.

"Leave." She said bitterly.

Asher's eyes softened at the sight of her balled up in tears. Against the hallway wall.

"Paris-" he started but, Paris jumped to her feet and shoved his chest, he stumbled backwards hitting the door.

"You say you love me. Say you want to marry me. But you run away?!"

"I-" he stared again but was again cut off.

"I don't wanna hear it. I'm over you. Been over you a while actually." She folded her arms over her chest.

"Paris, I loved you." Asher said grabbing her arm and looking at me.

I stood frozen in place as I tried to figure this all out, watching the scene play out right in front of me.

"I really thought you where the one. But then my dad told me Mark that we were going back to Dodge City. And Dodge City is where Reagan was. You knew how hard it was for me to get over her. You out of everyone should know how much I love her. You helped me. But even you said I would never get over her because she was such a big part in my life. We weren't right for each other Paris. And I'm sorry. I'm sorry we couldn't work out."

Paris looked at me then to Asher and back to me. She looked torn, she put the puzzle together and in the end we both had cried over the same stupid boy. She must of know there is no way she thought that this all just happened to happen.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Reagan." Paris simply said gathering her things and heading out the door.

Asher opened his mouth to call out to her but he let her go. I'm not even sure she could have heard him from how loud the rain was pouring down. The door was left wide open and I stared at it then to Asher.

"Well?" I said pointing to the rain that was pouring outside.

"Reagan you have got to hear me out." He pleaded as I pushed him out the door, repeating nope over and over again.

"I'm sorry I didn't make it to your birthday party. That I couldn't be there to make us official. I got held up with-" he stopped and only then did I look up at his green eyes.

"With what Asher? Tell me what possibly keep you for three hours."

His mouth was left open but nothing came out.

I wanted to scream and yell at him for not showing up, for falling into the same habits and running away from his problems, for being the cause of my dads death.

"That's what I thought, now get off my porch!"

Before I could do any further damage his lips crashed into mine. I almost allowed him in. I almost kissed back but I didn't. I shoved him out into the rain.

"What the actual hell do you think you are doing?!"

"I love you!" He shouted over the storm that was raging on outside.