Chapter 8: Fault

Chapter 8: Fault

______________

"Are you going to the dance?" Mel asked me as we exited math, the next day.

Since we really haven't ever had fights before neither of us really knew what to except and we ended up just going back to normal totally forgetting about the whole thing. Which worked in a way I guess.

"Nope."

"Why?" She whined.

"I don't wanna."

"Uh-huh. Are you even going to the game?"

I paused I hadn't really thought about it. Going to the games was a no brainier back was I was a cheerleader. I mean it was mandatory now? I have the choice.

"Not sure." I replied.

Going and sitting in the stands instead of being down on the sidelines would defiantly be a new experiences for me.

"When's Caleb suppose to be coming back?" She asked out of the blue.

A small smile formed on my face. But I quickly hide it.

"I don't know." I responded.

Friday.

"Well when ever he comes we should throw a party for him at your house. Is your maid gonna be there?"

"Stop calling Cole a maid his my legal guardian, and no he won't be there."

"Perfect." She smiled.

"I don't know."

"Charlie will be all for it."

"Ha, next joke please."

Caleb and Charlie hated each other. For a reason I don't know. Neither of them would ever tell me saying it was simply none of my business but really I think it was my business since it's my brother and best friend we are talking about.

She shrugged.

"You can always hope one day they get along."

"Yeah right."

"But hey, Charlie will still be all for it because it will be an excuse to get drunk."

"You got a good point there." I agreed.

I then happened to look around us and noticed that we where in the middle of the hall that was completely empty. Not another soul in sight.

"Did class start already?" I asked pulling out my phone and seeing we were already 7 minutes late.

"How'd we get talking and not notice?" Mel asked her mouth wide open.

"I have no clue but- Reagan." Someone cut me off from behind me.

I turned to see Asher and Luke. Rolling my eyes I turned back and started to walk with Mel. But they soon caught up like I figured.

"Hey, babe. What you doing out so late?" Luke said wiggling his eyebrows at me.

"We lost track of time." Mel stated.

"How did you do that?" Asher asked laughing.

"You just do." I shrugged. "What are you two doing?"

"Skipping." Luke replied shrugging like it was no big deal.

"Come with us." Asher offered.

Mel smiled. Of course she would want to ditch with two guys she finds attractive.