Chapter 16: Frenimies

But all I ever wanted
Was for you to look at me
As if you were the night sky
And I was your only star
c.p

______________________

The smell of way to much cologne was what woke me.

Cologne?

It did smell really good.

Wait. What?

I opened my eyes to see a shirtless guy standing in my room. I screamed covering my face in the covers. It took me a minute to remember I had came to Asher's last night.

"It's okay, I'm decent now." He chuckled.

I slowly moved the covers down and saw him sitting in a bing bag across from me eating a banana.

"How long have you been up?" I asked.

"An hour."

Oh great so I just sleep in your bed while you got ready. His probably use to it.

"What time is it?" I asked sitting up.

Running a hand through my hair. You know how in movies the actress wakes up with perfect hair and makeup? Then when you read a really cliché book the main character laughs at the movie and says how her hair is a rats nest when she wakes up. Ya...no.

My hair is fine. Never super crazy, my makeup is a different story, however.

"6:30." He replied.

I nodded.

"Thanks for.." I trialled off. "Um being there for me?"

He smirked and nodded.

It was a little awkward because now we are in a stage of 'we are trying to be friends but we hated each other before.' Ya it is complicated.

"Well, I'm going to go. I feel like I'm invading your space." I said quietly getting up and walking to the door.

The quicker I was gone the faster this awkward stage would leave.

"Wait,"

Of course. The world just loves to sit back and laugh at me.

I turned around slowly to face him.

"Thanks." He smiled slightly. "For giving me a chance."

I smiled back at him giving him one of those hipster nods and leaving. I'm pretty sure it wasn't as cool as I thought but oh well what's done is done. I closed the doors behind me letting out a deep breath. I need to start fresh.

I hurried and got ready for work before jogging downstairs to find something to eat in the fridge there was a huge sigh from behind me.

"She is in here!" I heard Charlie yell.

Crap!

Does he know about what my dear mother did last night. I acted like I didn't hear and that this fridge would just swallow me up.

"Reagan where have you been!" Cole shouted.

"Don't yell at her, she's had enough." Charlie growled at him.

Sometimes Charlie your awesome other times well...

I turned around closing the door behind me and keeping my hands behind my back.

"Um, Caleb's." I stuttered out.

"Bull shit, we looked there. Do you know how scared I was when mom called crying telling me everything that happened and then you not being in your room! Where did you go!"