34

" Mom, I'm leaving," Rahul announced as he entered his mom's bakery. His mother raised her eyebrows in a questioning manner.

"Where?" she asked.

"To the hospital, and..." Rahul stopped, lost in thought.

"Should I tell her? Of course I should," he cleared his throat and began. "Simi... She snuck out last night at one and went to the place you mentioned this morning. I brought her back home," Rahul explained before starting to leave.

"Rahul, stop right there. Are you serious? Did she actually... I mean, are you sure? She's afraid of the dark. How could she walk around alone at night?" his mother asked in disbelief.

"Mom, she did leave the house yesterday. I brought her back home," Rahul said seriously.

"And you're leaving? Did you talk to her about what she did wrong?" his mother inquired.

"Mom, I have work. I'm leaving," Rahul replied before walking away without listening to his mother.

His mother sighed and instructed the staff girl to handle the shop. She then made her way to Simran's room, where she found her daughter sitting on the bed, biting her nails.

"You washed your hair?" his mother asked. Simran looked up, opened her arms, and ran to her mother, hugging her tightly.

"Mom... I was just curious," Simran mumbled, not letting go of the hug.

Her mother placed her hand on Simran's back and then on her head. "Curious? You're going to call it that now, Simran... Okay, leave it. Tell me, are you still a kid?" she asked. Simran nodded, and her mother lightly hit her shoulder, giving her a stern look that made Simran shake her head.

"When you knew what kind of person was at the party, why did you go? And when you're allowed to party at home, why did you go somewhere else? This is the second time you've done this. Now, tell me, what should I do?" her mother's voice turned stern at the end.

"Sorry ," Simarn whispered, shifting her head on her mother's chest.

"What's the use of saying sorry? Let's just forget about it and have breakfast. I made sweet buns, you can have some," her mother suggested.

"But Mom, she doesn't deserve to be rewarded. This girl actually snuck out of the house," Rahul interjected, standing near Simran. He angrily twisted her ears, glaring at her.

"You said you were going to the hospital," his mom said, confused. He pointed his eyes towards the door where Kanak was standing.

"Mom, why don't you give us some privacy?" he requested. His mother looked between them, then nodded her head.

"I'll be in the shop. The breakfast is in the kitchen," his mother said, moving out of the door. However, Simran held her hand, shaking her head.

"Mom, don't leave me alone with him," she pleaded.

"You should have thought before sneaking out," her mother said, and left the room.

"I shouldn't have come here. I was so happy when Daksh bhaiya didn't scold me much, and I came here in that joy. How could I forget about him? Daksh bhaiya doesn't punish me because he thinks I'm not a kid. Ayaan doesn't think like that either, but he never scolds me much. He did slap me, but I admit it was my mistake. But this man standing in front of me treats me as his equal and never lets go of my crazy acts. And does he know about the drugs? He'll kill me if he finds out," Kanak thought, biting her nails.

"Kanak, close the door and stand here," Rahul commanded, making Kanak gulp.

"Daksh bhaiya and I already had this talk. You can talk to her alone," Kanak mumbled, attempting to leave. But he pulled her back into the room and locked the door from inside.

RAHUL'S P.O.V

I apologize in advance if either of you feel embarrassed. But what you both did is not something to be proud of.

"Did you have fun yesterday? Kanak, you must have enjoyed the race," I inquire, and Kanak shakes her head.

I'm pretty sure she wasn't high last night. However, Ayaan's message made me a bit upset. She didn't take it, but she kept it to herself.

I'm not sure if my thoughts align with Kanak's brother. Daksh believes she's not at an age where discipline can be imposed, but Ayaan has a different perspective. He thinks we can guide her back on the right path with a little discipline, and I agree with him.

If my Simi were in a similar situation, I wouldn't even consider her age, which I won't do now. Sneaking out at night leads to consequences.

"Tell me, did you have fun?" I ask, rolling up my shirt sleeves.

They both shake their heads, and I can't help but feel, it would have been easier if they weren't together.

"I want to have fun too. Let's play a couples game. Stand facing each other," I command, and they follow my instructions.

"Hold each other's ears and start doing sit-ups. I'll stop when I feel like it," I say.

They look at me but getting a stern look simran hold kanak's ear. And i saw kanka doing the same but kanak didn't make grip on her ear which simran did. She just keep her hand there which seems like she is holding it but she isn't actually. She actually take me as an idiot.

" Start "

They started with their sit ups which actually make me want to laugh out loud. This will always be funniest thing. Only I know how I control my laugh. I don't want to laugh and make them get angry on me .

" Ninteen " Simi said then stop making kanak stop. I love kanak's strength she doesn't feel tired easily but she keep drugs with her. Which would have made every thing messed up. Doesn't she know how long it take for her body to heal?

" Bhaiya stop please " Simi said I nodded my head.

" Ok then take our position which I had gave you when you mess up big time . And don't argue with me. I'm not here to listen your this and that. You will argue with me I will increase the time. " I said a sob left her lips as she started her tear work. Of course no one like to be punished in this manner.

" Simran right now "

" Bhiaya sorry I will do sit ups. " She said and started holding kanak's ear.

" It doesn't matter. Go to the corner and take your position while I talk to your future bhabhi. "

" I will never go out without taking permission . Forgive me this time. " She started crying more loudly. I know she wants mom to hear her.

" Bhaiya " She said again and ran to me wrapping her arm around me .

" Can I go to drink water first. " She asked , I passed her a glass cup of water and she took a step back from me .

She took some sip and let the cup slip from her hand making the cup fall on her feet.

Wait she did it to escape punishment?