47

I quickly wipe my nose. I feel like I get cursed. Mom was sick then Aashika now I get this cold. My head is hurting too. I don't even know the reason. I didn't even cry. I was upset for so many days at that time I didn't fall sick but now when everything is ok now I'm getting sick.

Rahul pulled me closer and started kissing my neck. And for the first time I didn't appreciate this.

"Let's pick a different movie," I suggested. Rahul chuckled and lay down beside me.

"You're the one who chose this movie," he murmured, planting a kiss on the corner of my lips before frowning and checking my temperature.

"AYAAN!" he called out. Ayaan entered the room and turned on the lights.

"What's going on?" Ayaan asked, taking a sip of his coffee and waiting for Rahul to explain.

"She has a fever. Get me a thermometer," Rahul instructed.

Internally, I smiled. Now Rahul would make me soup and feed me with his hands.

"I want soup," I declared. He nodded and pulled me into a hug.

"My head is hurting," I added.

He began massaging my head, making me smile.

Ayaan sat in front of me with the thermometer in hand.

"Open your mouth. You know, Rahul, everyone has been stressing out for no reason lately. That's probably why she's sick now," Ayaan muttered, almost smacking my head before Rahul intervened.

"She already has a mischievous brain, so don't hit her head too hard. She might get even more mischievous," Rahul joked. I shot him a glare and was about to retort, but with the thermometer in my mouth, I stayed silent, wearing an annoyed expression.

For some reason, both of them were looking at me as if they adored me. I was fine with Rahul doing that, he should do it more often, but what was Ayaan's deal? If he kept looking at me like that, I might just kick his butt.

"Go away and don't disturb us," I muttered. Rahul sighed and removed the thermometer from my mouth.

"She doesn't have a high fever, but she seems to have caught a cold. You wanted soup, right? Ayaan, please bring it," he said.

I whined, moving away from Rahul and leaning towards Ayaan.

"Make soup for me. His wasn't tasty. If you make it with love, it might taste better, and feed me with your hands," I said. Ayaan started twisting my ear, so I grabbed his hair and pulled it.

"I dare you to pull my ears like that. Go take care of your wife. By the way, why is she so weak? Aren't you a doctor? Take her for a full-body check-up. And now, get out of my room," I demanded.

He let go of my ear and freed his hair, glaring at me, but it wasn't an angry glare; it was fake anger.

"I will never give you anything to eat that I've made, and I will never feed you with my hand. Make your dear Rahul do it. You insulted my food, as an elder brother I fed you with my own hand because you were so upset for many days, keep thinking we don't love you and here you are insulting my food only" Ayaan said before leaving the room.

I looked at Rahul, and he chuckled, pecking my hair.

"I'll make soup for you when you come to my house. If I make too much soup for you now, it'll go to waste," he said.

I pouted, and he pecked my hair again, lying down with me.

"How did my baby get a fever?" he asked, slipping his hand into my shirt as I cuddled with him.

"I wanted you to take care of me, but little did I know that I would actually fall ill. And yet, here I am, feeling sick, but you still didn't make soup for me," I pouted, finishing my sentence.

"I'll make you a full meal that tastes delicious, but... you'll have to teach me because I don't know how to cook. Mom always did the cooking, so both Simi and I don't know much about it," he mumbled. I turned my attention to the TV screen as I talked to him.

"I'll teach you. I know how to cook. I've done it many times before," I mumbled, still focused on the TV screen, but suddenly it went blank.

"Why did you turn it off?" I whined. He placed the remote on the table and dimmed the room lights.

"If you ever have any worries in the future, just tell me everything. I'll listen and understand you. You know you have many people who care about you. I won't be able to do that if you hide things from me," he said, lightly spanking me. I was starting to get emotional, but when he spanked me just now, I put on a smirk.

"You just want to spank my bottom, admit it," I said, laying down on top of him. He chuckled, shaking his head.

"Admit it, or else I'll never let you touch me," I threatened, but he laughed even louder upon hearing me. Who's going to tell him that I'm being serious?

"I'm SERIOUS, Rahul."

"No, I don't like spanking your flat butt. I'm SERIOUS too," he said, but he was still laughing, and now who's going to tell me that I took him seriously.

I agree, I don't have the best curves, but it's better than before. We can't expect magic to happen. I know that because of the drugs, my body wasn't normal. But I stopped taking drugs. They gave me a specific diet, and I've been following it. Even my weight has increased. So why can't he accept me for who I am?

Even though I took his words seriously, I didn't show it and simply rested my head on him.

"I was just kidding," he said. I nodded, giving a small chuckle because I knew he was serious.

"Are you sleeping?" he asked, caressing my hair. I nodded and continued to lay over him with my eyes close.