53

RAHUL'S P.O.V

I glared at her while she turns her face and keeps drinking milk.

" It isn't my fault " She said, but she didn't look at me.

I don't understand why she never listens to me. I keep telling her to eat properly, but she just ignores my advice. That's why she ended up fainting after her meeting. Her assistant called me to let me know.

"We had plans to meet with a real estate agent," she reminded me. I gave her a warning look.

She grabbed a fruit bowl and started eating some fruits.

"If you keep leaving the house with just that English sandwich, you'll regret it later," I warned her again, making her laugh.

She's not afraid anymore. She takes everything so lightly.

"Is Simi joining us? She could help with us too."

I shook my head, taking the spoon from her hand and feeding her.

"Why not?"

"She's at a fashion show in Delhi with her friends. She left this morning. I didn't tell you because I knew you'd want to take her to the airport and cancel your meeting," I explained. She shot me a side glance, which I ignored.

"Are you still feeling weak?"

She nodded, stretching her arms out.

"Alright, rest up. Let me check your blood pressure. You've been stressing out a lot lately," I said, causing her to pout.

"I don't stress out. But the government website gives me and my employees a lot of stress," she complained, resting her chin on my shoulder.

I grabbed the blood pressure machine and wrapped it around her arm.

She sighed and sat quietly. I'm grateful for this. My wife doesn't make a fuss about these things. You should see Simi. If her treatment involves oral medication, I'm in. I can make her take it with just a stern look. But if it involves needles, I'm out.

"Your blood pressure is low, idiot," I told her.

I'm feeling better now, can we go meet the real estate agent? She asks as I hold her in my arms.

I don't want to rest. I promise I'm okay, she insists. I pull her closer.

But suddenly, she stands up, covering her mouth, and runs to the bathroom. I follow behind her, holding her hair as she vomits, even spewing out the milk.

"I threw up this morning too. I was going to tell you tonight after we finalize our home, but now you know because I vomited again," she confesses.

"I would spank you right now if you weren't throwing up. Who said you could hide things from me?" I scold her as she gargles, then wraps her legs around my waist, her hand around my neck, resting her head on my shoulder.

"Spanking isn't a punishment, but when you leave me without having sex, then it becomes a punishment," she complains seriously.

I support her bottom with my hand and carry her into our room.

"We'll meet the real estate agent tomorrow. Rest today. I'll ask mom to make something light for you," I suggest, but she holds me, shaking her head.

"It's nothing, I'm fine. We have to meet..." she starts to say but I cut her off with a kiss.

"Kanak, sleep now", I tell her with a sigh. How can she be so energetic and yet feel so unwell at the same time?

I stroke her head to help her fall asleep, and to my delight, she drifts off within minutes.

I kiss her forehead and leave the room.

"Mom, Kanak isn't feeling well," I inform my mother as I join her in the shop.

"What's wrong with my baby?" she asks, concerned, moving closer to me to hear about Kanak.

"She's throwing up everything. She fainted at the office. I made her drink milk, and she vomited that too," I explained being worried myself too. I'm sure she overworked herself.

"Is she pregnant?" Mom asks excitedly, leaving me shocked.

Is she really pregnant? We talked about having a baby last month. I didn't expect her to get pregnant so soon.

It's been a year since we got married. I've seen every side of her. I still remember how she used to cry when she thought I was going to leave her while she slept. I remember her not talking to me on the phone, but still staying on video call just to see me. How she talked nonsense with me over the call.

Even though we were in a long-distance relationship, we've gotten used to it. We talk all day on weekends. I visit her and stay with her for a week.

We had intimate many times before we got married, but I was always careful. I remember how last month Kanak came to me and asked for a baby. I know she loves babies. It's evident in her behavior. She adores Ayushi and Khushi so much. She's played with them a lot.

Wait, why am I overthinking this? I'm not sure.

"Rahul, snap out of it. Have you checked her? What if she's pregnant? She goes to work every day and exhausts herself. It could affect her health."

I nodded at my mom's words and hugged her happily.

"I'm not sure, but I'm happy. I'm going to buy a pregnancy kit. Make something for her to eat. She should have something." I said, filled with excitement, before leaving the house.