PART 75

Day 9

Krishna saw that Bhishma's arrows were again slaughtering the Pandava army, while Arjun was fighting mildly, out of respect for Bhishma, whose heart was not in the battle as he did not like the idea of attacking his grand-uncle. During the battle, Bhishma killed numerous soldiers of Arjuna's armies.

Seeing the vigor of Bhishma in slaying his own people, Krishna was afraid that Bhishma would finish the battle all alone. He was overwhelmed by annoyance at the apparent inability of Arjuna to defeat Bhishma who was still not clear in his head. Krishna rushed towards the Kaurava commander, the wheel of a fallen chariot in his hands, eager to slay him. Bhishma laid down and surrendered in front of the Krishna with his arms and stood ready to die at the hands of the Lord.

 Bhishma laid down and surrendered in front of the Krishna with his arms and stood ready to die at the hands of the Lord

However, Arjun ran after him and threw his arms at his feet to stop him. "Stop Madhav, Remember your promise not to pick up a weapon, do not let men say you are a liar. I by my weapons, by the truth, by my own deeds, will destroy our foes. The task is mine." Hearing this, Krishna, still angry, mounted the car and took up the reins again.

Bhishma arrays the troops as a hollow square and wrecks much havoc upon the Pandava army. Realizing that the war could not be won as long as Bhishma was standing, Krishna suggested the strategy of placing a eunuch in the field to face him. After talking with krishna(time stop and resume way) Bhishma tells them to use Shikhandi as a shield, for he would never raise his bow upon a lady.

Day 10

The Pandavas, unable to withstand Bhishma's prowess, decided to put Shikhandi. Shikhandi's arrows fell on Bhishma without hindrance. Arjun positioned himself behind Shikhandi, protecting himself from Bhishma's attack and aimed his arrows at the weak points in Bhishma's armor. Then the Pandavas surround Bhishma and driving off the Kauravas, pierce Bhishma with many an arrow until no space on his body greater than the breadth of two fingers remains to be seen. Soon, with arrows sticking from every part of his body, the great warrior fell from his chariot. His body did not touch the ground as it was held aloft by the arrows protruding from his body.

Bhishma had promised his father, King Shantanu that he would live until Hastinapur was secured from all directions. To keep this promise, Bhishma used the boon of 'Ichchya Mrityu' (self-wished death) given to him by his father.

Both armies stop their battle in honor of the eldest of Bharatas and approach him seeking his advice.

The Kauravas and Pandavas gathered around Bhishma at his request and Arjun gives him a pillow of three shafts to rest his head on and strikes the ground with a blazing arrow to provide him with a cool jet of sweet water.

At night

Ishwari:- pitamahBhishma:- putri hope you forgiv me for that dayIshwari:- I know pitamah you were bound by your promiseBhishma:- By which promise you are bound putri? I can say that by looking at your faceIshwari:- many promises pitamahBhishma:- m...

Ishwari:- pitamah
Bhishma:- putri hope you forgiv me for that day
Ishwari:- I know pitamah you were bound by your promise
Bhishma:- By which promise you are bound putri? I can say that by looking at your face
Ishwari:- many promises pitamah
Bhishma:- may god give you strenght to fullfill it
at that time their bhishma's mata Ganga also came their

Ishwari:- pitamahBhishma:- putri hope you forgiv me for that dayIshwari:- I know pitamah you were bound by your promiseBhishma:- By which promise you are bound putri? I can say that by looking at your faceIshwari:- many promises pitamahBhishma:- m...

Ganga:- Putri go, you have to go, I am here and your family needs you.

Day11

Much to Duryodhana's joy, he entered the battlefield with Bhishma unable to continue. Drona was made the supreme commander of the Kaurava forces, according to Karna's suggestion.

Duryodhana asked Dronacharya to capture Yudhishthira alive. It was because killing Yudhishthira in battle would only enrage the Pandavas more, whereas holding him as a hostage would be strategically useful.

Dronachrya sets up the Trigarthas to draw away Arjuna from protecting his elder brother.and formulated his battle plans for the eleventh day to this aim. He cut down Yudhishthira's bow which feared the Pandava army that their leader would be taken a prisoner. Thus, Arjun rushed to the scene and with a flood of arrows and eventually defeated Dronachrya.

Day12

Dronacharya was dissatisfied with his attempts to capture Yudhishthira. Thus, he confided to Duryodhana that it would be difficult as long as Arjun was around and ordered the Samsaptakas to keep Arjun busy in a remote part of the battlefield, an order which they readily obeyed.

The Trigarta warriors headed by Susharma, who had vowed to either conquer or die also had accounts of their old hostilities with the Pandava scion. However, Arjun managed to defeat them before the afternoon, and then faced Bhagadatta, the ruler of Pragjyotisha (modern-day state of Assam).

Bhagadatta had been creating havoc among the Pandava troops by defeating great warriors like Bhima, Abhimanyu, and Satyaki. Now, he fought with Arjun riding on his gigantic elephant named Supratika. Arjun and Bhagadatta fought a fierce duel, and finally, Arjun succeeded in defeating and killing his antagonist.

Dronacharya still continued his attempts to capture Yudhishthira but the Pandavas fought hard and delivered severe blows to the Kaurava army, frustrating Dronachraya's plans.

At Night
Abhimanyu and Aarav came back from war field
Iswhari:- putro you have wounds come I will treat it
Aarav:- no mata
Abhimanyu:- Mata treat bhrata's wounds first bhabi will be tensed if she sees it, it is not good for her health
Subhadra:- How you got hurt?
Abhiamnyu:- Nothing mata in war it happens and bhrata saved me today
Aarav:- Mata I said you till I am there with him nothing can happen to him
Ishwari:- yes, now go to your tents.....i will see aadhik
saying she sent them all inside and went towards Krishna
Ishwari:- bhrata
Krishna:- yes
Ishwari:- bhrata I am feeling something is going to happen tomorrow, do you know why?
Krishna:- don't ask me
Ishwari:- ok, i will not force you but tell me when will dau come
Krishna:- dau has went to trith yatra so he will come, after few days and maybe on the last day
Ishwari:- what is the thing which my putr doesn't know bhrata?
Krishna:- abhi doesn't know something but Aarav knows it as he is trained with Pradyumna and he knows all strategies, but
Ishwari:- but what?
Krishna:- you will get that answer soon.
Ishwari:- ok
saying she went from their
Krishna:- tum dono apna sabse bada balidam dene wali ho kal bheneno, may you stand strong in that situation.

Hope you like this part.
Do comment guys.
Precap:-
Draupadi:- But Aarav know how to exist the charkavyuh Don't worry
Ishwari:- But Gandharaj might have planned something, I hope they both come soon safely.