Chapter 12

Three months had passed, Ayesha was pregnant. Her soft bump was visible.

"My dear you have to eat on time"

It'd been months since Seher locked herself in her room. Her doctor stooped to the level of begging her to take care of herself.

"You can have a baby in future. Accidents happen".

That wasn't an accident.

That was murder in her eyes.

Seher was unwilling. But she forced herself to rise when she was told to think of her mother, Saad convinced her to do things and in return she could meet her mother.

"Ya Khuda, give strength to my daughter".

The old lady prayed everynight as she placed her hand on her forehead.

She would smile broadly when Seher would say that she had eaten her meal.

Today she offered to go for a walk outside.

She was excited seeing Seher's progress, having taken care of her for so many months.

But Seher felt guilty.

"Be careful"

When she came outside, she felt much better.

The wind was still a little cold but it was immeasurably refreshing compared to her room, and most of all, the green sprouts made her feel like it was finally spring.

"I am sorry, I must have tired you out", Seher apologised to the servant who lovingly patted her back.

"Are you tired?"

"I love coming out here"

Her steps gradually became joyful.

However, Rabia was lost in her own thoughts, "Madam it seems Sir likes you a lot".

Seher frowned, she wanted to laugh, "Whenever you fall asleep at night he comes to look at you, and stays there for hours".

"That's because I can't bear to look at his face..."

"My lady, he is a handsome lad. What do you hate about him?"

Everything, he was heartless, cruel and a murderer.

"He is a murderer". This made the old woman laugh, "Most men in this village are murderers".

This conversation was taking a crazy turn so Seher dismissed it by saying, " I hate him".

Nothing was said after that. They were enveloped in a warm silence.

"This is so embarassing, let's not do here out in the open".

They heard an unwanted voice when they almost reached the front of the annex beyond the garden. Rabia clenched her teeth, she hated Ayesha, the old lady didn't care if Saad was a murderer, but she hated that he treated his first wife so harshly eventhough he had some kind of obsession with her.

Ayesha and Saad.

The two, who had always chatted in their private chambers somehow decided to take a walk in the garden. As always, they stuck close to each other whispering.

"I don't want to walk anymore let's just go back."

Seher was calm. She didn't show any tears like Rabia had expected.

When Saad had been informed of Ayesha's pregnancy he had warned Seher, "I hope you stay away from my son. I want you out of Ayesha and my sight".

Recalling those words, Seher had let out a laugh.