Chapter 20 (Unedited)

This chapter isn't that good, I am currently in a writer's block but I forced myself to write this one...

____

"Haan Minister toh mar gaya... zeher dediya usse, (Yes, the minister is dead, I poisoned him) "Sajjad said through the telephone, Saad sat on the bed, his legs were still gauzed up, but the head injury had almost recovered. His work was shifted to his new room- Seher's room. But Seher hardly stayed in it, so this shifting was a fail.

Saad was looking out the window, "Aur saboot? (What about the evidence?)" Sajjad laughed, "Tujhe lagta hai koi choda hoga? (You think I would have left any?)"

"Hmm...", he could hear footsteps approaching, his eyes went to the door, it was Razia, "Madam ne juice bheja aapke liye.. (Madam sent juice for you)"

He raised his eyebrows curiously asking her 'which?' Razia controlled the urge to roll her eyes the fact that he had to ask 'which' made her enraged.

"Ayesha Madam", the crest fallen look on his gave Razia immense satisfaction.

Why was he acting like this? He had no idea. He had hated her, hated her to the point he wanted to hurt her, cause her pain, he didn't want a kid from her...

Why did his heart ache now? He couldn't face his own kid, there was a sinking feeling in his heart. He felt a sense of dejavu, from Seher's window he could see the tower he grew up in. The windows were broken, the house abandoned because it haunted him as a kid. When he heard the cry of a baby he was reminded of Andalib, when she was an infant, his sister.

He remembered how it all happened, she was close to him, shared each and every secret of hers with him. When she shared that she was in love, he tried to stop her, he tried to warn her, but she didn't listen. Andalib was stubborn, she had their father's spirit, like Nawab Khan she listened to none. The man she loved wasn't from the same caste, and Saad feared the outcome of all of this.

It will end our bloodline...

Your kids will be non believers, this is a sin.

His words didn't reach her ears, she remained stubborn and didn't care about the way it would affect his reputation and the name of their family. So for days she was locked in the tower, she had nothing to eat. Saad didn't had the strength to kill her, so he let time do its work.