Chapter 23

Warning: Seher's character turns grey..

___

Falling in love... was never her goal. She never fell for men in America or London because she never had the time to. Seher was happy on her own, living a life she wanted to live, her daily routine included going to college, having lunch with her friends and breathing some fresh air in the garden of her university. She missed studying late at night, the pressure of the deadline, and spending some time with her friends. Talking to them whenever she wanted or disappearing on them. She had the power to refuse, and she could make a decision.

She had a choice there, here falling for a man wasn't the only option, it wasn't love that the women wanted in this village, it was the freedom. In the four walls of Saad's room and the skies, she was lost.

Seher sipped her tea when there was a knock on the door, "Yes?"

"Ayesha is calling you in your room," Razia peeked in, Seher closed her eyes, "Is he dead?"

Razia gasped, "Allah na karey, you will be a widow." Seher stood up smiling at Razia in her smile, and Razia could see Saad's reflection. Her kindness, compassion, and humanity were slowly disappearing.

Arranging the dupatta on her head, Seher whispered, "I won't be just a widow, I would be a happy widow."Her canine flashed as she smirked.

"What's wrong with him?"

"The doctor has told him to walk in the garden."

"Why am I needed then? He has two legs. Does he need two wives by his side?"

Razia smiled, "No! He doesn't. It's just Saheb... he wants your presence," This was the seventh time she was called in the last two days. Razia liked Saahil, but she wanted Saad and Seher to be one again.

"Why don't you forgive him, Seher?"

She was at the door when she heard the sentence, "Ek hi haq hai mere paas... if I forgive him then... there would be nothing left. (That's the only right I have...)"

Raazia had a solemn expression as she sighed. She was happy that at least Seher was going.

___

"Woh nahi aayi? (She didn't come?)" He asked as Ayesha offered him a glass of water, "Nahi... (No...)"

He looked at the plaster, the anger, the rage increasing, picking his stick he tried to stand up on his own. Ayesha rushed to him when the door opened, and Seher entered, Saad sat back on the bed, his lips curling into a smile, "Seher..."

His grey eyes were pleasant for the first time they were devoid of hate, unlike hers. Looking at his condition, she felt no empathy, no human emotions, and why was she disappointed? Her hands fisted by her side as she ignored him completely and went to stand by the window. She would stand by the window for hours, looking at the sky, rain, and sometimes him. Right now, although she was closer to Saad, her heart was on Saahil. Whenever Saad was mentioned, her mind would use Saahil as a shield to block him out.

A soft smile spread on her face as she remembered him, his cheesiness, his romantic words, 'Seher ka Saahil'.

Ayesha had left a few minutes ago leaving the two alone, Saad couldn't look away, he had always thought she had the prettiest eyes, her tears were the only expression he saw. But now as he looked at her smile, he was mesmerized, it was so pure, those hazel eyes her skin would crinkle at the side. Her cheeks filling up, and a blush adorning it.

"Tum hasti kam ho (You don't smile much)", that was enough for her to stop smiling, her face steeled as she turned to him.

"And who do you think is the reason behind it?"