Chapter 14: Puff pastry

It was a hot and sunny day at the resort and we see Dante and Calliope as well as a blue haired elf. They were there to try out a few drinks, well, Calli and the blue haired elf was gonna tryout a few drinks

"This is a bottle of 1942 'Chateau Backstab'." Dante presented a bottle of wine he found and stole a few days ago.

"Magnificent!" A blue haired elf exclaimed.

"Indeed." Calliope followed up.

Dante then poured them each an appropriate amount of the fermented grape onto a wine glass.

The two took a whiff of the aroma before taking the red liquid and took a sip of the wine.

As expected, it was a great tasting wine. Although Dante has yet to understand why people like alcoholic drinks.

"Why don't you join us?" The blue haired elf asked.

"No can do, Lamy. I made a promise to my Mother that I would never drink alcohol." Dante stated.

"After Five hundred years in Hell, you STILL would not drink even a drop of alcohol!?" Calliope asked, shocked by the dedication of his word to his mother.

"Oh damn, that's crazy." The elf named Lamy said.

"What can I say? I love my mom." After they were finished with the wine, Dante then pulled out a different one.

"Now this is a good old bottle of Whiskey from the 1800's, fermented on a barrel that was laying on a pirate ship. Virgil managed to scavenge this only a month ago." Dante said, once again filling two shots of the Whiskey

"I can taste the ocean for some reason... Salt doesn't really mix well with Whiskey..." Calliope blurred out, tongue sticking out to indicate a bit of disgust.

"I agree..." Lamy said.

"By the way, When are you and Virgil gonna debut?" Lamy asked.

"Oh yeah, the announcement was like almost two months ago." Calliope added.

Dante looked at them with a rather confused look and then told them.

"What are you talking about? Virgil and I debuted almost a month ago." Dante said.

Now it was their turn to be confused. Calliope had a shocked expression and Lamy was scrolling through her phone and went to check both their channels.

"150k subscribers in a month? That's pretty average compared to most Hololive members when they debut." Lamy said.

"Unfortunately, We're not Hololive members." Dante said, setting aside the wine bottle for now.

"I feel a bit bad for the Holostar members, being outshined by the other branch." Calliope said.

"It doesn't really matter if we can keep up with you guys, an audience is an audience and they will witness our greatness." Dante said, grabbing a new bottle of decently aged wine.

"Very poetic." Calliope playfully said. A faint chuckle escapes from her lips as she sips on a new glass of wine.

"Truly the rapper of time." Lamy said. Scrolling through his channel to see a video.

"Hm? 'Team Lobotomy 2'?" Lamy double checked to see if she pronounced the words correctly.

"Oh yeah, I learned how to edit videos a few months before I auditioned for my spot." Dante said. Chuckled slightly at the time where he was confused about what one thing does and what the other does as well.

"But that's enough for now, it's time for the final bottle." Dante then pulled out an oddly shaped bottle of sake. "This Sake was also found by Virgil, somewhere here in japan. He said that this was from the 1700's."