Chapter 18: Who we are

Kiara's PoV:

"Dante! Where are you!?" Calli and I were searching for our friend amidst all the chaos that was around us.

Gura and Amelia were helping people evacuate along with Ina treating people who were caught between the chaos.

I can't believe it! One moment we were having our little vacation and some drama here and there, and next thing we know we are in the middle of a warzone!

Oh god, Dante... I sure hope you're Alright...

"Kiara!" Calli's voice called out to me. "Over there!" She pointed at a giant three sprouting from the ground.

And then we saw Dante and Virgil climbing up to get something... Wait a minute... Nature and Chaos... Those two factors were the only pieces I need to crack this code!

"Why would they do such a thing!" A question that was delivered by a scream was able to caught Calli by surprise.

"Who!?" Calli asked.

"It's the council! And if my hypothesis is correct... They're trying to kill Dante and Virgil!" Calli's eyes widens as she began to grit her teeth.

"Dang it! I knew they would pull a stunt like this, but in the middle of our vacation!?" Calli couldn't believe the absurdity of their decision, I couldn't as well.

As we flew closer towards the tree, the higher they go and eventually, they were killer by the hands of Ouro Kronii.

"DANTE!"

3rd person's PoV:

"Virgil!" Dante's eyes shot out as he finds himself laying on the sand at the beach.

He immediately got on his legs and checked to see where the cut was, and surprisingly, it was not there.

Strange, Dante thought, He could've sworn that he was in a fight with three of the council members.

He then turns around to see Virgil, already awake and was gazing at the horizon. His hair, along with Dante's, flowed with the cool breeze that pushes ocean water towards the sand.

His eyes were... Almost emotionless, a hint of anger was obvious to see in his face as Dante then went over there and greeted him.

"Yo, Virgil." A simple greetings yet it could mean a few things.

Virgil glanced at his brother, his face now filled with regret, but quickly fixed it to a more calm expression. "Greetings, Dante."

Dante saw what he was doing but let it slide for now. "You know... I think you were doing pretty well until I stepped in..."

"Don't say that... They weren't gonna all out on someone like me..." Virgil said.

"You should take your own advice if you want me to follow it. You're strong Virgil,  as strong as me, you can't let your potential go off the roofs because of your mentality." Dante stated a flaw.

"Your fighting style is rather selfless for a Demon, you aim to assist me but the whole point of us Demons is that we aim to destroy everything!" Dante said.

Virgil's eyes narrows in shock, how could he forget his nature? It should be obvious but he can't see until it was too late.

"You wanna go somewhere else? This place is rather... Boring." Virgil asked, confusing Dante at first but accepted his invitation nonetheless.

Not even a few minutes go by and they find themselves at a different location, more specifically, Kyoto, the city of where Virgil is staying for the moment.