Bloody Life

I had this dream when I was asleep; it was actually more of a memory. This memory is the reason why I was worried about Andy being sent to the operation room. It happened three or four years ago, I was only sixteen. I hated that piece of memory that has been lingering in my mind ever since it happened, I really hated it. It shook me, and it still scares me right now. The next thing I knew, I was being shaken awake. “Hey, get up! It’s only a nightmare!” The voice said, “It’s okay.” His voice was tender and soft. My eyes shot open and I was gasping for air, “It’s only a nightmare.” My vision focused and I found Mark sitting in my bed wrapping his arms around me, “It’s only a nightmare.” He repeated, softly stroking my back.

“Come on, you need to eat.” Cubbie ran his hand through my hair,

“I’m not hungry.” I protested, pulling away from Mark and laid back down.

“You need to eat something.” His voice became stern, “You need to feel better.”

“Maybe later.” I groaned and closed my eyes,

“You made me do it, kid.” I heard Mark said, and then he shoved his arms under my knees and shoulders, lifting me up and brought me to the couch. He sat me up on his lap, “Please eat.”

“But I don’t feel so good.”

“I know, but you really need to eat something. You haven’t eaten anything today.”

“Just a little.” Cubbie convinced,

“But-”

“No buts.” Cubbie scolded, “Now eat.”

“Go away.” I scoffed, twisting myself to face Mark and snuggled deeper. Then I heard Cubbie sighed loudly,

“Give me her phone, I need to talk to her brother.” I tried to say something but my head hurts too much. I tried to say something but I had no strength, I wasted it on trying to keep my balance steady. I had hard time breathing; I think I probably look like a fish out of water.

“You’re really burning up.” Mark mumbled, stroking my forehead and getting rid of my messy hair from my face, “I think we should take you to the hospital.” I vigorously shook my head,

“Hello? Andy, it’s Cubbie… I need to ask you something… Your sister’s sick…. She hasn’t gotten any sleep these few days…She’s burning up and I think it’s her sinusitis that’s making everything a little worst… Sean gave her some vitamins before… She won’t eat, though… Is it okay with you?”

“What is it?.” I heard Mark said while I was still cradled in his arms,

“Does she keep anything? Cabinets? Okay, got it… Don’t worry, the guys and I got it… We’re glad to help…She’ll be better by the time you see her in London…. Don’t mention it, man… Bye…”

“What did her brother say?” Sean asked this time,

“Sean, go look for something with a blue-green cap on it.” Cubbie commanded,

“What does it look like?” I heard Sean begin to shuffle,

“It’s her nasal spray.”

“Got that.” I then heard the cabinets being opened and closed,

“Come on, Ally.” Mark sat me up, still on his lap. “Eat, please.”

“Just a little.” Cubbie stroked my arm,

“But I feel sick.”

“Hold it, come on.” Cubbie started to plead,

“Fine.” I grunted,