Rainbows And Rain

I did not really get how that had happened, or why. I just had a fight, which sounded weird. The last physical fight I had was back in middle school.

            “What the hell was that?” Mark raised his voice, his hands on my shoulders.

            “What the hell was what?” I asked back,

            “That!” He shook me, “How the hell did you do that?”

            “Honestly?”

            “Honestly!”

            “I used to watch Josh and Andy fight, get into fights with Josh-”

            “How bad?”

            “I sort of gave him a bloody nose… I also learned a little bit of karate back in elementary…” I murmured, and Mark just blankly stared at me.

            “I never thought that this mellow kid could turn into fucking Bruce Lee.”

            “Chill.” I shrugged his hands away. I felt really tired and no one moved, so I sat on the grass. It felt good, the sun was warm and there were no people on the neighborhood. Pontius sat next to me with a sad smile; his eyes slightly squinted as he was boring his eyes into mine. Cubbie sat in front of me, his fingers under my chin.

            “Isom!” He called,

            “On it!” Isom answered and went in the house. I looked at him weird, but he decided to ignore it.

            “Pontius, are you okay?” I asked and he just nodded, putting his arm around me.

            “Yea, I’m okay.” He paused, “I knew you wanted to punch her hard on the face.”           

            “Violence is never the answer, but you gotta do it when you need to.”

            “Mhhmm.”

            “She’s not going to bother you anymore, it’s now up to you to move on.” I gave him a pat and he just nodded.

            “I know.”

            “Okay, Ally.” Cubbie said to me, “I want you to stay still.”

            “What?” I spat,

            “Stay still.” He said. Then someone from the back dabbed something wet on my cheek and it stung,

            “What the heck was that?” I flinched, “Isom? What did you put on me?”

            “She got you pretty bad.” He murmured,

            “What?” I touched my cheek,

            “I think she clawed you.”

            “Are you sure?”

            “I am sure.” He stripped a bandage and put it on my cheek,

            “Okay then.” I mumbled with a stinging cheek.

            “You didn’t have to do that.” Pontius finally said,

            “I started it.”

            “How will your brother react when he sees the bandage on your face?”

            “He’d asked the same question like he always does ‘what is it this time?’”

            “I still couldn’t believe that all that just happened right in front of my eyes.” Sean sighed, lying down on the soft grass.

            “Don’t worry, something good’s going to happen to us soon.” I said, smiling at Pontius. “We just gotta wait for it to come at the right time.”           

            “It’s possible.” Mark shrugged. We spent the rest of the day on the grass, talking and getting to know more about each other. We shared the good memories each of us had that none of us knew. We laughed until tears threatened to come pouring out and would literally roll on the ground in fits of laughter. Maybe Pontius was right; something good is going to happen after all this shit. Rainbow comes after the rain.