When You Have To Step In

“I’m not worth it. There are six billion people in this planet, but I’m not the one.” Pontius said, “I think we’re not going to work out.”

            “Mark, I’m so sorry. Please, please, please forgive me. You opened my eyes and made me realized what I did wrong.” I nearly threw up when I heard her say that, it is plain bullshit. Right then, we were all eavesdropping.

            “Look, I forgive you… But I’ve lost faith in you, I just don’t trust you anymore.” He sighed, “Where were you all these years?”

            “I was looking for you.” She tried to get a hold of Pontius, but he stepped back.

            “Really?” He snorted, “Natalie, you still have my number.” I literally gasped when I heard Pontius said that. Oh my God. We were all making sure that we heard that right. Then I saw something really unexpected and made me really angry. She slapped Pontius in the face, what for? Mark saw that and stepped forward, but we all pulled him back.

            “Let me go!” He squirmed,           

            “I told you to stay away from this.” I hissed, “Now just shut up, will you?” I could see Pontius looking at her in utter disbelief. The girl who he thought was always happy slapped him right in the face.

            “What the fuck is wrong with you?” He growled,

            “Do you know what I’ve been doing over these years?” She chuckled mysteriously, “Struggling with money.” Bullshit, just plain utter bullshit.

            “But this isn’t the right thing to do. I’ll help you in some other way.” His voice softened. Oh no, you do not want to help her. He is becoming manipulated all over again. We started to shake our heads and waved, mouthing the word ‘no’ and praying that Pontius would quickly do something.

            “It’s the kid, isn’t it?” She folded her arms and tapped her foot on the floor.

            “What kid?”

            “Don’t pretend to be so dumb, I know it’s the kid.”

            “Please, don’t blame the kid.”

            “I knew it!” Her voice suddenly got louder,

            “Natalie-”

            “Where’s that little bastard?” She gritted,

            “She’s not here, okay?” Pontius tried to calm her down. I think she has problems.

            “Don’t touch me!” She slapped his hands away, “I need to talk to the kid.”

            “I’m guessing I’ll have to step in any time now.” I said to the guys, “She’s freaking out and I’m afraid she’s going to break something… Or someone…”

            “Leave the kid out of this.” Pontius pleaded,

            “But she’s crazy!” Isom tugged on my arm,

            “Don’t worry, she’s just some crazy, violent, and bitchy chick.” I shrugged, “I’ll talk to her.”

            “If the kid never existed, then this wouldn’t happen. Mark, it’ll be just like high school all over again.”

            “Natalie-”

            “Are you mad at her for ruining our friendship?” Her eyes were bulging  and she could explode at any moment now,