Hate To See You Like This

“Hello.” The doctor burst in and everyone startled, “I’m just going to have a check on her. If she improves, we can remove the tube and change it with the nebulizer.”

            “That’s great news!” Isom said with relief. With all the oxygen being pumped inside with force, it was all coming back and I had the strength to properly breath again. The doctor pressed his stethoscope against my chest and told me to take a deep breath. Pontius was looking at the doctor as if he was ready to take in whatever the doctor was going to say, but his hand was still fumbling with my bracelet.

            “Great news! She’s improved quickly so we’re changing the nebulizer then she can go home!” The doctor happily announced,

            “Thank you, doctor.” Mark nodded as the doctor went to get a nurse. I dread this moment, and to be honest, the painkiller worn out a few minutes ago so it will definitely hurt.  It may only be a while but still, it hurts, it is painful, and I think they know it by the look of my face.

            “It’ll hurt, won’t it?” Pontius chuckled and I sternly nodded,

            “Come on, it’ll be fine.” Sean casually said, “You can do it!” Easy for him to say.

            “Okay.” The doctor came back with a nurse and the nebulizer thingy with an oxygen mask. “You know how this goes, right?” He asked me and I nodded,

            “Are you ready?” Pontius murmured at me and I shrugged. I gave the doctor a ‘let’s just get this over with’ look and he nodded back. The nurse removed the tape from the side of my mouth and stepped back to ‘supervise’ what the doctor was about to do.

            “I’m just going to pull this out.” The doctor told me and I nodded again. His steady hands got a hold of the tube and started to slowly pull it out. I grimaced, winced, and flinched at the same time, if that is possible, which I think it is, now. All the muscles in my body tensed and my hands balled into fist. It was felt like your deeply scraped bloody face is being washed with alcohol. I taste blood, I taste blood, and I taste blood. It was supposed to happen, the same thing happened with the nose tube too. That was completely uncomfortable, and I had that for days.

            “Okay.” Sean hissed. Pontius slithered his hand to mine, he wanted me to grasp it but I refused to. The view was horrific, a tube being pulled out of my mouth. Tears leaked from the corner of my eyes and I breathed heavily in slight anxiety. I was not supposed to move a muscle, but that is just impossible. The doctor stopped midway,

            “I can’t go on if you can’t stop moving.” He warned. My eyes widened, trying to say that I was trying not to and to hurry the fuck up. “Gentlemen?” He glanced at each of them, and I followed with slight puzzlement.

            “Sure thing.” Mark said as he held my hand down, Pontius my other hand, and Sean and Isom on my legs. I was pinned down on the bed and I had to deal with it whether I like it or not. Even though I have dealt with this before, it still scares the shitty life out of me. My eyes widened in panic and horror as more tears leaked out, but it was not because I was crying. It just leaked out involuntarily; do you know what I mean? My scumbag eyes refused to close and block the sight. It just widens and focused instead, it likes to see me suffer, and my brain likes to see my mentality suffer. What kind of sick-minded brain do I have? I could only give Pontius a gaze of helpless pleads. I hate this, I hate this, and I hate this.

            “Hold still, it’s going to be okay.” Isom mumbled. I glared at him, showing him that I was trying.  Not sure if they could feel it, but I was shaking like a terrified puppy. It felt like hours trying to get that motherfucker out of my goddamned throat, it was hell. Okay, I may cry a little, shed a few tears or two.