005

Yunjin was so close that I could feel her mint breath on me.

I tried to act like I wasn't scared at all, but it wasn't working.

I felt a latent fear on my skin like never before, and I guess Yunjin knew it because she was smiling at me like crazy.

It seemed that she could read my mind and my body.

She raised her arm towards me, and I shrug by reflex.

I felt her fingers moving slowly around my arm in a teasing way.

"What are you doing?" I asked her.

"You're afraid of me, aren't you?" She asked.

"No. I'm not afraid of you."

Yunjin laughed. "You don't seem so sure about that."

"If you try something, Yunjin. Just anything, I'll scream."

She got closer, leaving no space between us.

Our bodies were pressed against each other.

I had the exit right behind me, but I couldn't move. I felt tiny compared to her.

Yunjin looked directly into my eyes, and I continued looking the other way.

Yunjin cupped my face, her fingers digging into my jaw. "If you scream, nurse Chaewon, my teeth will get stuck in your skin faster than any doctor could get here. Do you understand what I'm saying?" She wasn't smiling anymore, and from her look, she wasn't bluffing either.

"You wouldn't do that. The security guy is right outside." I told her it was more like he was securing me.

She pushed a strand of loose hair behind my ear.

A shiver ran through my body.

"You see, Cotton Candy, my room is soundproofed because they don't enjoy it when I scream in the middle of the night, which means no one can hear you."

I swallowed.

I knew Yunjin wasn't lying.

"What do you want?"

She laughed. "I like that question. What do I want? It seems that no one here cares about me enough to ask that. However, you are the first to do it."

"If you're going to ask me to let you out of here, then it won't happen," I said.

"Oh, of course not, nurse Chaewon. I wouldn't dare ask you that, not when there are surveillance cameras in the corridors at the extreme disposal of technicians and a group of tenuous security guards who cannot handle a crazy woman." She laughed. "Trust me, if I wanted to go out, I would already be out."

"So what do you want?"

"Dr. Pham Hanni allows nurses to take their patients out for a day if the nurse reports on the patient's good behavior. I want a full day out of this damn place, and you, Cotton Candy, will help me get it."

"And do you think exactly that the one who has caught me and threatened to hurt me is good behavior?"

She had moved away from me, allowing me some space, which meant she trusted me enough that I would not leave the room.

"Well, there will be no threat if you cooperate," She said, settling on the leather sofa and crossing her legs.

"You practically bit a person and tore off a piece. He's still in shock and hasn't said a word. How do you expect me to cooperate and get you a day off outside afterward? And why should I trust you?"

"Are you going to cooperate with me or not?" She asked.

"Eat your dinner," I said and placed some colored pills on her table with a glass of water. "And after you finish, you must take this.