002

I looked in the mirror the next morning and realized that I looked tired.

I don't remember the last time I slept well.

Huh Yunjin had been on my mind all night.

I imagined my first encounter with her and everything that came to my mind was Agent Starling and Hannibal Lecter. This didn't help me because I kept rolling back and forth from the bed all night until the alarm went off at half past five in the morning.

I stared at the bags I had under my eyes and decided to apply a little concealer, a little blush, barely noticeable eye shadow, and a shade of naked lipstick.

Nurse Sakura, who was also a good friend in college, said that the golden shadows always suited me, but wearing a lot of makeup was not even allowed in the hospital.

I heard that the shower was on in Beom's room, that was my sign to prepare breakfast for him.

I prepared fried eggs with toast, as it was at the top of his list of the favorite breakfasts of all time.

My brother was a low-maintenance boy, if you told him that you were too busy and you made frozen pizzas for dinner every day, he didn't complain.

I left early today. I'll see you at dinner.

I left a small note for him next to the breakfast plate, I put on my canvas shoes, grabbed the bag, and went out, the city was cold.

It was quite easy to find Dr. Eunchae's office.

I knocked once and entered the office to find a young doctor leaning against the desk with her back to me, reviewing a file.

I cleared my throat. "Dr. Hong Eunchae?"

"Yes?" She turned all her attention to me. "You must be..."

"I'm Nurse Kim Chaewon. I have just been transferred to Wing C. I suppose Dr. Pham told you about me?"

She smiled knowingly. "Yes, of course, Nurse Kim. Please take a seat"

"You can call me Chaewon," I said.

She gave me a woman-killer smile.

Dr. Eunchae was tall, probably just over five feet seven, thin with orange hair, brown eyes like cinnamon, a sculpted face, and a sharp jaw that could cut the glass.

She had the kind of face that would make people who pass by the street stop and look back.

If Hanni had warned me that her new "Apprentice" seemed fresh out of Olympus, at least I would have tried a little harder with my makeup skills.

Fuck you, Pham Hanni.

"Earth to Chaewon?"

I had completely spaced out. "I'm sorry... I'm sorry... Doctor. Were you saying?"

Dr. Eunchae chuckled and pushed some papers toward me. "Read them carefully. You don't want to sign something for which you're not prepared"

I laughed.

Was it supposed to be a joke?

I scanned the papers.

It had the patient's name with all the other information and my name printed below for a signature.

It said that the patient would be under my care from now on and that she would be my responsibility.

I signed it without hesitation.

I have done it many times.

A mental lunatic wasn't going to make me run to the hills.

Also, if Hong Eunchae, Hanni's apprentice or errand girl, was going to work in the same wing, why the hell not?