66. The Blissful Laugher Of Children

Fallon was used to the filthy streets of silk, where she had grown up and where she had worked to earn a roof over her head and food on the table. As children, they usually work serving drinks and cleaning up after the men who had been drinking and changing the sheets inside the private bedrooms.

By the time you had grown up, you had accumulated a hefty debt that needed to be paid, and it could only be done by offering something that you would pay fortunes for. This was not an exception for Fallon who had been trained since the age of fifteen.

That's when she met Aegon, he had been sixteen when he had won her maidenhood against a much older man. After that night, she had become his favorite, among others, of course, but she was always the one he went to all the time. The others used to call her the prince's favourite, and it was a title she took pride in.

She had hoped that his marriage to Princess Rhaenyra's daughter would not change anything, that he would only take her as a wife in the name that he would continue to come to her during his nights and free time. He had done that too, until the day he sent her out of the She had hoped that his marriage to Princess Rhaenyra's daughter would not change anything, that he would only take her as a wife in the name that he would continue to come to her during his nights and free time. He had done that too, until the day he sent her out of the room.

So now she was there with a hood that covered much of her face while she sought out a man called Roder, Sir Otto's assistant or whatever the hell he was. No matter what, he had been seen often on the Street of Silk and it was only to his advantage if anything.

The streets smelled of garbage and everywhere on the ground there were brown puddles with food scraps and god knows what else was in there. But if you grew up with it like her, it wouldn't be a problem.

The laughter echoed from a tavern and she looked cautiously over the tables outside but could not see Rodrik anywhere. She decided to go inside, thinking he might be in there. At least this was what people said was his favorite tavern in town.

The door creaked when she opened it and the annoying sound of loud laughter made her roll her eyes. "Hey, have you seen a Sir Rodrik here somewhere?" she said, tugging at a random man's arm to get his attention.

Fallon's gaze caught the woman on his lap kissing his neck as he drank his ale. Without a word from this man, he points to a table a short distance away where she sees the skinny little man, or rather the boy sitting at a table all alone with his drink.

She had a plan and he was the only one who could help her with it. With brisk steps she walked up to the man. He seemed a little confused as she sat down in front of him. "Are you Rodrik?"

A stupid question, she already knew that, but it didn't benefit her that he should know it.

"Aye, it's me" He checked her out from head to toe with a grin on his face. Fallon played along, looking back with a seductive smile. "What can I do for a beautiful thing like you?"

"I had hoped that you would be able to help me with one thing."

"And what kind of thing would that be?"

She thought it over one last time, this probably wouldn't make anyone at the palace happy, but no one would have cared about her joy either so what the hell did it matter?

"I happen to know that you work for the Queen's father, Sir Otto Hightower."

"Sure thing" he took a paused to look over her features and her curves before speaking again. Fallon knew what they all wanted, for all men desire the same thing. Rodrik was no exeption. "What do you want with him?"