Prologue 3

:♡:♡⁠:♡⁠:♡⁠:♡⁠:♡⁠:♡⁠:♡⁠:♡⁠:♡⁠:♡

"Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!" The laugh that the ghosts let out echoed in the hallway. Their laughs only started to get louder as Chizue trembled from being face to face with the three supernatural beings.

"Hey, keep it down over -" Grim walks up to where Chizue is, soon noticing how tense she was before he turned to see what she was looking at and saw the three spirits." AAAHH! GHOSTS! GHOOOOOSTS!"

"All the people who used to live here got scared of us and ran away." The ghost from the middle cackles as smiles wickedly at the two new residents.

"We just want a new ghost to play with! What do you say, buddy?" The plump ghost had the same smile as his friend.

"They're going to kill me!" The pinkette said under her breath, trembling as Grim jumped into her arms and buried his face in her robes.

"Eeep, I'm a master sorcerer! I ain't afraid of any dumb ghosts!" Grim raises his head from the girl's chest and breaths fire towards the phantoms." Myahaa."

"nuh-uh. Not even close." The skinny ghost comments as he dodges the ball of fire, watching how it crashes on the fall and leaves a burn mark.

"Over here! Over here! Ahahaha!" The chubby ghost laughs.

"Argh! They keep disappearing and reappearing!" The little tanuki exclaims as he jumps down from the girl's arms and stands in front of her, summoning more flames. Chizue looks down at him before her eyes widen.

"You can't aim with your eyes closed!" The pink hair female exclaims.

"Shaddup! I don't need any lip from you, human!" Grim argues back. opening his eyes to glare the at Chizue as she does the same.

"Maybe the headmage will let you enroll if you get rid of them?" Chizue thinks out loud, tapping her bottom lip with her index finger.

"Myah....?! Hmph... I'm Grim, Master Sorcerer! How come I can't even hit one of these little -" Two ghosts appear in front of the little tanuki, cackling after catching him off guard. They floated back and circled around the two sheltered individuals.

"Hrmph! ganging up on us... Yer a buncha cowards!"

"M-maybe I can help?" Chizue sounded a bit unsure on what to do, seeing that the magic that Grim was using wasn't exactly working because of his aim.

"Myaah... You, human! You tell me which way the ghosts are!" The pink hair girl looks down at him in determination and nods her head before focusing on the supernatural beings in front of them.

"To your left!" Grim aimed at where Chizue instructed and did as told. He managed to hit the skinny ghost.

"Aaaah! It buuuurns!" It screeched.