𝒙𝒙𝒗𝒊. a soulmate who wasn't meant to be

𖤐 𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑻𝑾𝑬𝑵𝑻𝒀-𝑺𝑰𝑿:
╰┈➤ a soulmate who wasn't meant to be ‧₊˚.

MEREDITH HADN'T EVER BEEN DRESSED IN ALL BLACK. Today was a first. She owned one single black dress, it had lacy long sleeves and a subtle black outlining her frame. She'd never worn it in public before but Felix had seen it many times, and it was indubitably his favourite.

The tear flow of Meredith's eyes had come to a stop. She just stood there, bottom lips trembling as she clasped her tissue to her face, muffling a sob from crying out raw from the ache in her throat.

There was an unspoken feeling of haunt that Meredith never once dreamed of. Looking down at Felix, her soulmate's name, engraved on a stone like that.

He was merely only twenty years old, and they still had well over sixty years together more.

She was a mess, crumbling apart as the world slid out from beneath her feet and no one was there to catch her from falling. No hand to hold, no comforting words whispered in her ear. Just the cold embrace of emptiness, wrapping itself around her like a suffocating shroud.

Meredith took a shaky breath, trying to steady herself amidst the swirling storm of grief that threatened to consume her. She clutched onto Felix's favorite black dress, its delicate lace slipping through her trembling fingers. It was as if the fabric held the essence of their love, a tangible reminder of the moments they had shared.

Venetia sniffled from her side, and Farleigh quickly wrapped his arms around her frame, falling apart as his cheek his the top of her head.

And all it did was ping Meredith's heart.

She looked over to Elspeth to see just what she was feeling, if she had finally shown some emotion for her son's death. And she hadn't.

She still stood tall with her posture straight and her lips taut.

Right.

With a quick swipe of her hand, her cheeks were dry and she simply only sniffled once before turning around and beginning to walk back toward the home, not bothering to ask to be excused because honestly, she didn't care to.

What's done is done.