Chapter 18

It has been two days since Tom went missing. He hasn't answered his phone or made contact with anyone. I miss him.

His parents have tried to get in contact with him, my mother has tried, my aunt had tried and still nothing. I hope he's okay. I want him to be okay. I need him to be okay.

Right now I'm around 4 months pregnant and my stomach is starting to show growth. He's definitely gonna know about my pregnancy when he comes back. If he comes back.

I sat in my living room just pondering about it. The sun was starting to set and we were going back to school in 8 days, so I had a little over a week to plan some things out.

I was home alone, yet again. Mom was on a date and aunt Carrie was on shopping spree. I didn't have anything else to do so I turned the television on. While watching my show I heard the front door open. I assumed it was my aunt because I heard the key hit the lock and because my mom was probably staying the night with her date. So I didn't bother to go look.

"I'm in here if you need me aunt Carrie!"
I yelled a little.

*No response*

I shrugged it off and got back to my show. Pretty soon after I felt a hand on my shoulder. I jumped and looked up.

"Tom!?"
I exclaimed.

"Hello, Love."
He responded nonchalantly.

I couldn't say anything else. I was speechless. I jumped up and engulfed him in a huge hug. He hugged me back, shockingly.

"Where have you been?" I ask pulling away.

To which he responded "I had some businesses to take care of."

"What kind of business?" I ask.

"No need to worry. I'm back now. " he said looking around.

"I wanna know. You disappeared for two days and haven't contacted anyone. Please just tell me."  I said desperate for an answer.

"It doesn't matter. It's already been taken care of." He said sternly.

He was obviously avoiding the truth. So I left it at that.

"Does anyone know you're here?" I ask him.

"You do." He responds sarcastically.

"Besides me." I say more specifically.

"No. I suppose I should go home and announce my presence." He said matter of factly.

"Please don't run away again." I plea.

To which he responds "I didn't run away." Before making his way out the door.

I sighed in relieft that he was back. I forgot he had a key. I'm glad he does though. He'd probably be able to get in without a key. After some time of just sitting and thinking to myself I called my aunt to tell her that Tom was back.

After I called aunt Carrie she was shocked but happy to hear the news. I was so glad that Tom was back. I eventually got back to watching my show. I was at the good part.