10

Harry, Harper, Ron, and Hermione walk with Hagrid towards his home, a wooden hut on the edge of the Dark Forest.

"Rubbish! Why would Snape put a curse on Harry's broom?" Hagrid questioned.

"Professor Quirrell was muttering something too..." Harper muttered to himself, sad that nobody had believes him about Professor Quirrell.

"Who knows? Why was he trying to get past that three-headed dog on Halloween?" Harry asked, having not heard what Harper had muttered.

"How do you know about Fluffy?" Hagrid asked, letting out a small chuckle when Harper's sad face lit up.

"Awww. That's cute." Harper cooed as Ron smile from beside him.

"That thing has a name?" Hermione asked, smiling at her brother.

"'Course he's got a name. He's mine. Bought him off an Irish bloke I met in the Pub las' year. Lent him to Dumbledore to guard the..." Hagrid trailed off when he notice he had started rambling.

"Yes?" Harry urged, raising his eyebrows expectingly.

"Don' be askin' me anymore. That's top secret, that is." Hagrid said.

"But Hagrid, whatever Fluffy's guarding, Snape's trying to steal it." Harry exclaimed.

"Codswallop! Snape's a Hogwart's teacher." Hagrid defended the Potion Professor.

"Hogwarts teacher or not, I know a jinx when I see one, Hagrid. I've read all about them. You've got to keep eye contact, and Snape wasn't blinking." Hermione said.

"Now listen to me, all three of yeh." Hagrid said as Harper never said anything about Professor Snape once, having not heard Harper's comment about Professor Quirrell either. "Yer meddlin' in things that shouldn't be meddled. It's dangerous. What that dog's guardin' is strictly betw'n Professor Dumbledore and Nicolas Flamel--" Hagrid cuts himself off, angry with himself, turning around to his hut where Fang greets him.

"Nicolas Flamel. What does that name sound familiar?" Harry questioned, turning his head to Ron and saw him gazing fondly at Harper who is talking with Hermione.

》* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ * 。° 。 • ˚《

Harper and Hermione approached Harry and Ron, Harper smiling when he saw them playing Wizard Chess, happy that Ron seemed to enjoy the Wizard Chess.

"Oh my god! That's barbaric!" Hermione said, having seen the carnage.

"That's chess. I see you two have packed." Ron said, noticing the smile on Harper's face making him smile.

"Why haven't you?" Harper asked, cocking his head to the side slightly.

"Change of plans. My parents decided to go to Romania to visit my brother Charlie. He's studying dragons there." Ron answered, smiling softly at Harper who returns the smile.

"You can help Harry then. He promised to keep looking in the library for Nicolas Flamel over holiday." Hermione said, looking at Ron and Harper weirdly, wondering what's going on between the two.

"We have looked. A hundred times." Ron groaned.

"Not in the Restricted Section." Harper said, smiling cheekily at the two as he and his sister walked away from the two.

"I think we've had a bad influence on them." Ron said, looking at Harper until he's out of sight before turning back to Harry and saw him with a small smirk on his face. "What?" He questioned, a confused expression on his face, wondering what Harry is thinking about.

"Nothing." Harry said, shaking his head as he focus back on the chess.

》* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ * 。° 。 • ˚《

Hermione approached Ron and Harper, book in hand. Ron have a confused expression on his face, more interested in the pack of Chocolate Frogs in his hand.

"I'll ask you two again. What are the three most crucial ingredients in a Forgetfulness Potion?" Hermione asked, looking at the two.

"And I'll tell you again. I forgot." Ron said while Harper have a thoughtful expression on his face while Hermione wait patiently.

"Lethe River Water, mistletoe berries, and Valerian sprigs...?" Harper trailed off, not sure of himself. He sighed with relief when Hermione smiled softly at him, telling him that he is correct making Ron smile at him.

"And what, may I ask, do you plan to do should you get that question on final exams?" Hermione asked, turning her attention to Ron who instantly turned his head to her.

"Crib off Harper." Ron said, bumping his shoulder with Harper who smile at him.

"You will not. Besides, according to Professor McGonagall, we're to be given special quills bewitched with an anti-cheating spell." Hermione said, breaking the moment between the two in front of her.

"That's insulting. It's as if they don't trust us." Ron said, frowning making Harper let out a small breathy laugh. "Dumbledore again." He mutters, tossing the wizard card onto the table, watching as it spin.

Harper turned to the entrance of the Great Hall when he heard laughter coming from the Slytherin table and saw Neville hopping like a bunny, legs stuck together, with Seamus trailing behind him.

"Leg-Locker Curse." Ron and Hermione said simultaneously then turns to each other. "Malfoy."

By the time Neville approach them, he's breathing hard then before anyone can catch him, topples to the floor before getting up with Seamus' help.

"You've got to start standing up to him, Neville." Ron said.

"How? I can't stand up at all." Neville said.

"I offered to do the countercurse, but he wouldn't let me." Seamus said.

"Of course not. That's all I need, you to set my bloody kneecaps on fire." Neville said.

"I don't appreciate the insinuation, Longbottom. Besides, if anyone cares to notice my eyebrows have completely grown back." Seamus said.

As Seamus turns away, the others see a curious bald spot on the back of his head.

Ron takes out his wand. "All right then, Neville, who shall it be? Me, Hermione, Harper, or..." He didn't get to finish his sentence as Harry suddenly talk from his silence.

"I've found him." Harry said, holding up Dumbledore's wizard card.

Ron takes it from his hand. "He's bowling. So what? He's always bowling."

Harry rolls his eyes and turns the card over for Ron and Harper to read.

"Dumbledore is particularly famous for his defeat of the dark wizard Grindelwald, for the discovery of the twelve uses of dragon's blood... and his work on alchemy... with his partner, Nicolas Flamel." Ron reads for both him and Harper.

"I knew the name sounded familiar. I read it on the train that day." Harry said.

Hermione stood up, Harper following her movement already knowing where they're going to go. "Follow me." She said, running out of the Great Hall with the others behind her right as Neville legs got unstuck by a certain Slytherin.