Mark

rich pov

last night was a lot. we were on our way to the basketball game and we got a call from adele's mom saying that the girls were gone. that was terrifying.

adele was extremely upset about her mom and dad last night. i know it's hard for her but at the end of the day her parents are back together.

i would do anything to see my parents again. and adele is mad that her parents are back together i just don't understand. i know that her dad did a bunch of fucked up things but still.

i went to work this morning and adele was going over to her moms with Amelia and Adeline.

the office has been quite because everyone is in Spain. i could imagine being there right now especially everything last night and also figuring out parenthood is hard.

adele pov

i'm going over to my moms today. i don't know if i will see my dad but i don't care i just need to talk to her.

the girls and i are on our way to my moms house. Adeline and Amelia are both asleep in the back of the car. they are the most perfect kids they barely cry and they are the best mix of rich and i.

i pulled into my moms driveway and saw my dads car. fuck.

i got the girls out of the car and left them in their carriers and walked into my moms house.

A "hey mom"
P "sweetie!"
she takes one of the girls and we walk into the living room.
M "hi honey"
A "hello"
my mom gets Adeline out of her carrier and holds her.
P "your daughters are honestly perfect"
A "aw thanks. they get that from their dad."
M "adele i want to get to know you better."
A "okay" i say as i get Amelia out and sit down with her in my arms.
M "so how long have you and your partner been together"
A "um well Rich and i have been married for three years and dating for five years."
M "good to hear. is he a good man?"
A "yes he is. he treats me very well."
M "well i'm glad to hear. how's his family"
A "well his dad and him were very close but he passed when rich was 19 and then his mom had a drug addiction and wasn't around much but when she was she was a good a caring mom and then he has two half sisters and a half brother."
M "oh well where did he grow up?"
A "Cleveland Ohio"
M "oh and weren't you married before?"
A "yes i was"
M "what happened with that?" 
A "we just fell out of love but we are still friends."
M "oh well um if you don't mind me asking what happened to your first daughter?"
A "oh um when i was in labor i was put under a lot of stress which meant Laney my daughter was to and she passed."
M "before you gave birth?"
A "yes"
M "did the doctors tell you or did you find out when she was born?"
A "the doctors told rich and they wanted him to tell me."
M "oh im so sorry"
A "yeah"
A "so um tell me about you."
M "well um i've gotten sober and i moved back to Wales in 2011 but then moved back here recently and re connected with your mom."
A "did you ever date any one."
M "no i couldn't fine anyone as good as your mom."
i smiled. my mom really is one in a million.

my dad started talking again and my phone went off with a call from rich.

on the phone with rich.

R "hey baby"
A "hey babe"
R "are you still at your mom's?"
A "yeah you should come over"
R "okay i'm leaving work right now."
A "okay i'll see you soon"
R "love you"
A "i love you too"

when i hung up i saw my dad smiling.

A "what are you smiling about?"
M "i'm just glad that you have found someone who makes you happy."
A "oh thanks dad"

Adeline started crying and i knew she was hungry.

i pulled my shirt and covered myself with Adeline's blanket.

as soon as i was done with Adeline Amelia started crying and wanted to eat too.

so i repeated the same thing with her.

as i was feeding Amelia rich got here.

R "hey guys" he said while walking into the living room.
A "hey" he leans down and kisses me and then walks over and hugs my mom.
R "hello" he said to my father and shook his hand.
M "hey man. how are you"
R "im good. you?"
M "pretty good. i'm getting my daughter back" when he said that rich turned his head at me and i smiled.
A "yeah"
P "so Rich how was work?"
R "good quiet because everyone's gone but it's kinda nice."
M "what do you do?"
R "i am the founder and CEO of Klutch Sports Groups."
M "wow"

we sat and talked for a little bit longer and then rich and i left. he took his car home and i took mine.