is that a yes

rich's pov

it's 11:30 and so we have started making our way to the funeral. this is probably the second worst drive of my life. the first would be my drive to my daughters funeral.

i was driving and adele was in the passenger seat. the girls were in the back silently looking out of the window.

A "girls?"
Adeline "yes mommy?"
A "you two have to be on your best behavior."
Amelia "okay"
R "look girls i know this isn't fun and we all don't want to be here but i am proud of both of you for how you handled it."
the rest of the drive was silent. once we got to the cemetery we saw people around Justine's grave.

we get out the car and Amelia grabs my hand and Adeline grabs adele's. we walk up to the crowd of people together as a family.

during the funeral:

"Justine was a wonderful mother, grandmother, sister and friend. she was always there for you when you needed her and she had the biggest heart. she left her daughter and her step son behind but we all know she left them knowing they would be able to handle her passing. both her daughter and step son are strong individuals. thank you for being here today to show your respects for Justine and her family." her sister said to close out the funeral.

the girls were wrapped up in adele and my arms crying. they are so young they shouldn't have to go through this. adele and i were crying too. as soon as the funeral was over we made our way back to the car. i really didn't want to have to talk to anyone.

while we were walking back adele seemed to get tense all of a sudden.

A "rich take the girls to the car i will be right back."
R "okay"

adele's pov

when we are walking back to the car i see someone that i wasn't expecting to see. i told rich to put the kids in the car and i'd be right there.

A "hello Simon."
S "oh hi adele! how are you?"
A "i'm doing alright. how are you?"
S "well thank you."
A "what are you doing here?"
S "this was my mom's best friend when i was growing up."
A "oh"
S "may i ask what you are doing here?"
A "Justine is my husband's step mom."
S "oh. so i guess everything got figured out between you two?"
A "yes they did. look i've got to go but it was nice seeing you."
S "you too."

i walk back to the car and when i open the door rich gives me this glare.

A "what?"
R "who was that?"
A "oh that's Simon Konecki. he is best friends with Alex. but his ex wife was actually Becky."
R "oh that bitch" he says under his breath.
A "yeah"
R "so nothing is going on between you two?"
A "absolutely not. you are the only man i have in my life."

few days later

we got back from Cleveland a few days ago and the girls are at my parents house for the night. Laura was back in London for a bit until she moves into her new house.

that means it's just rich and i tonight.

there is a lot of basketball on so we aren't going to be doing anything fun.

a few hours into watching basketball rich turns and looks at me.

R "babe?"
A "yes?"
R "i want another kid"
A "you do?"
R "yeah and i promise i wont do some fucked up shit. i honestly really want another baby with you."
A "okay!"
R "so is that a yes"
A "yes of course rich"
he turns off the tv and picks me up off of the couch.
A "where are we going? i thought you wanted to watch that game."
R "you are more important than a stupid basketball game baby." he takes me upstairs and to our bedroom. he lays me down on the bed that we have made four other lives on.