kidnap

while rich and i were out i got a call from my mom.

A "hey mom"
P "THE GIRLS ARE GONE"
A "what do you mean?"
P "i mean what i said the girls are gone. i fell asleep for 30 minutes and when i went to go check on the girls they were gone. i went down and check to see if the front door was unlocked and it was still locked like i left it."
A "okay we are on our way home. call the police."
rich looked at me confused i mouthed i will tell you later. he nodded and kept driving.

i hung up with my mom.

R "okay what's happening."
A "the girls are gone." i started crying heavy and breathing heavy.
A "where such bad parents the first time we leave them something and happens."
R "adele stop that we aren't bad parents this is just a freak accident. does your mom not know?"
A "she said she fell asleep for 30 minutes after she put them down and then when she woke up she went to check on them and they were gone. she she went down stairs to see if the door was locked and it was."
R "what about the windows?"
A "why would the windows open? i don't think that the windows have ever been open."
R "um babe"
A "what rich"
R "this morning i opened my office window but i could of sworn that i closed it"
A "WHAT THE FUCK?"
R "i'm sorry"
A "YOURE THE REASON THE GIRLS ARE GONE"

i turn away from him and look out the car window. i see police cars pass us and i know they are going to my house.

A "i'm sorry im just stressed i know you didn't mean too but why did you open the window." i asked rich calmly but still looking out the window.
R "it was hot in the office and so i thought i would put up the window. im sorry i should have asked you first."
A "you're not a kid you don't need to ask me permission for that kind of stuff."
R "okay"

my phone lights up from a text. mark evan's. my father.

i open it and it says "go to 6286 ridge avenue if you want your daughters back"

A "RICH I KNOW WHERE THEY ARE"
R "what do you mean? how?"
A "look" i give him my phone and he takes it. he puts the address into his directions and i call my mom.

i called her my mom and i sent her the address and told her to tell the police to go there.

A "before we get there. my dad is a very dangerous man you never know is next move. let the police handle it."
R "okay but we need to get our daughters back he should be put into jail."
A "i know but he most likely has a gun on him and i don't want you dead or our girls so let them handle it please."
R "okay baby"

the police pasted us again and then finally we get to our destination.

A "babe stay here." i open my car door and as im closing it i hear rich yell "adele no get back in here"

i shut the door and my dad is standing there waiting for me.

M "hi sweetie"
A "dad"
M "oh okay no hello"
A "where are my kids"
M "their safe"
A "dad stop"
M "what i failed as a parent to you. i know i did. but i want to make it up to your grandchildren. your mom told me that you lost your first daughter and i'm very sorry about it but i want to be apart of their life."
A "dad i don't think i fulling trust you. the only memories i have of you is you leaving and that's not a very healthy memory of my father. i don't know if im ready for you to be in the girls lives"

before he has a chance to respond i hear a car door close and it was my mom.

P "Mark!" she sounds relieved and runs to him and kisses him.
A "MOM WHAT THE FUCK?"
rich gets out of the car and comes and stands next to me.
R "where are my daughters?"
M "oh yeah they're right here" he hands rich and i the girls and then my dad and mom kiss more.

A "care to explain?"
P "oh sweetie your dad and i got back together after Randal"
A "oh" i walk back to the car and rich follows behind me.

once we start driving i break down in tears.

A "the amount of trauma that he has put my mom and i through and then she takes him back."
R "del people handle trauma different and maybe that's just your mom's way of dealing with it. or maybe she is over it and wants him back."
A "i guess but i don't want to lose my mom but i don't think that i want him in you or the kids lives yet."