3. 𝓶𝓸𝓿𝓲𝓮𝓼

|3|
    "you clinged to my body like you wanted it      forever. what a lie, what a lie, what a lie."
||WHAT A TIME; JULIA MICHAELS FT.||                              ||NIALL HORAN||
︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

pony and i walked in silence as i could only focus on what dally said to me.

"i like that jacket on you. it looks tuff." replayed over and over in my head like a broken record.

i remember the smile that formed on his face when he said that. it looked genuine.

i remember the smile that formed on my face when he said that. that's all i needed. a sign, just a sign that maybe dally feels the same about me that i feel about him.

after a while, pony and i finally arrived at our destination, the park. cherry was already waiting for us, sitting on the edge of the fountain.

"pony!" she called out, rushing over to him. her bright ginger hair and strawberry creme skirt flowed with the wind as she ran.

when she made it over to us, she embraced pony, in which he wrapped his arms around her waist.

"did ya really miss me that much?" he questioned her with a wide smile on his face. she nodded in return.

"i've missed you so much pone, you don't even understand!" she exclaimed, releasing her grip from him and he did the same.

i stood awkwardly beside them as they both just gazed at each other, admiring each other's appearances. cherry then inches closer and pecked him on the lips, which made me want to throw up.

sure, they're cute, but not my idea of a relationship. besides, how's a third-wheel supposed to feel?

"come on!" cherry said excitedly, motion for us to follow her back over to the fountain. we all walked as a group, me slightly distanced from the others, as we walked over to the fountain.

we sat down and their flirting only got worse. after a while, they were now splashing each other and giggling like there was no tomorrow.

i just sat there, watching them. i know it's creepy, but for some reason, i just couldn't take my eyes off of them. overtime, i slowly scooted myself away from them.

we must've been sitting there for an hour or two when cherry finally said something other than "pony stop" or giggling.

"wanna come back to my place?" she asked pony, paying absolutely no attention to me.

pony turned around to look at me. i was expecting him to say no and that he wasn't gonna leave me behind.

"are you good to walk home alone johnny?" he asked.

i let out a heavy sigh before responding. "yea, it's all good." i lied.

"okay! perfect!" pony called out, standing up now. he interlocked his fingers with cherry's and motioned for her to stand up.

"thanks johnnycakes," he said to me before walking off, "be safe!"

"yea." i muttered as he and cherry walked off. i then stood up and made my way back to the curtis house.

i couldn't help but feel a bit jealous. not because i wanted to be with cherry or pony, but because i wanted what they had. i wanted someone to giggle with. i wanted someone to tell me they missed me. i wanted someone to show affection to me. i wanted someone to care about me. that someone is dally.

sure, he said he liked my jacket on me. sure, i'm never gonna take it off. sure, he made me happier than i've been in a long time by one measly compliment.