10. 𝓭𝓻𝓾𝓷𝓴𝓮𝓷 𝓬𝓸𝓷𝓿𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷

|10|
"you didn't mean to say 'i love you.' "
||I LOVE YOU; BILLIE EILISH||
                        ︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵
TW: UNDERAGED DRINKING
                        ︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵
after a while, i was fucking wasted.

drink after drink, shot after shot, i was so fucking drunk.

i had stuck around with steve and soda the entire time. i had no idea how long we'd been there but it was pitch black outside, so we'd been here for at least an hour.

we all sat at the bar, laughing our asses off at something that isn't that funny. i couldn't control it though.

man, being drunk is nice.

i think dal came up to us earlier when he got here. i couldn't quite remember what was said, but all i know is he was here alone.

steve and soda were off...doing something, and i decided to go look for dal.

i stumbled through all the people in the bright lights and loud music. i accidentally knocked some chick over, and i didn't even apologized.

i'm a real changed person when i'm drunk.

soon, i tripped over someone's foot and fell into dally's chest. he looked surprised to see me.

"well hello johnnycakes." he greeted me, holding a beer in his hands. he had his other arm wrapped around my back, preventing me from falling.

i didn't respond to his greeting. instead, i burped. dallas gagged at the smell.

"oh my god johnny, are you drunk?" he questioned. i only giggled in response. he shook his head and began to guide me over to one of the booths lined up against the far wall.

after maneuvering through more people, he laid me down in the seat and sat down next to me. we both stayed silent for a moment until he broke the silence.

"who'd you come with?"

"huh? nobody."

his eyes widened at my response, the same way soda's and steve's did when i told them i came alone.

"johnny, you could've called me and asked me to walk with you. i would've gladly walked with you."

i shrugged. "i didn't know where you were."

"that's fair."

we both turned to face the crowd of people who were far more drunk than i was. there were two people having sex in the corner, i gagged when i saw.

"so," i started, "whadya wanna do now?" i asked.

"johnnycakes, it'd be better if you stayed down for a little bit. you're pretty hammered."

i formed a pouty face. "this is a party. i'm not just gonna sit here."

"oh yes you will."

"no."

"yes."

"no."

"johnny!"

i rolled my eyes and turned away from him. i felt him place his hand on my shoulder.

"come on, don't be like that. please turn around."

i still refused. the normal me would've turned around, but in my drunken state i was a stubborn shit.

"johnny, i'm just lookin' out for ya."

"whatever dal."

even over the loud music, i could hear him heavily sigh from behind me. he used the hand on my shoulder to slowly turn me back around to face him.

"i love ya johnnycakes." he said softly.

i hesitated at first and just sat there.

"i love you too dal." i replied, without thinking.

we both stared at each other for a minute. i stared deep into his dark eyes. his dark, sepia eyes stared deep into my own.

he removed his hand from my shoulder and snapped while shaking his head before making his way back toward the bar.

i grabbed an unopened bottle of who knows what on the table and opened it. i decided to lay back down onto the cushion of the booth as well. i took a long swig of it before fully laying my head down.

i stared directly up at the ceiling, piecing together everything that'd happened so far tonight.

i walked here, arrived, found steve and soda, got drunk, came and talked to dal, he said he loved me, he walked away, and...

wait.

what.

he doesn't mean that.

he can't mean that.

no...