Prologue

Back in August 2021, shortly after I decided on Heather the Little Red-Haired Girl being both my favourite Peanuts girl and favourite Peanuts character overall, as well as deciding that she's the best girl for Charlie Brown,I thought about featuring her in prominent roles in my main Peanuts stories. And then, I made the official announcement that I would be writing a story with the Little Red-Haired Girl herself in the lead role.

This will be a long process, novelising this story of mine to follow with a rule of Fanfiction. I wanted to make it seem movie-length because I decided to go with the redhead from the Peanuts Movie.

One more thing, I am not the owner of Peanuts. It is owned by WildBrain, Sony Music, and the Schulz family.

Without further ado, enjoy the story.

Across the street from the Brown residence, lives the girl of Charlie Brown's dreams, Heather Wold, or as Charlie Brown often calls her because of her vibrant orange-red hair, the Little Red-Haired Girl. After moving into the neighbourhood, and arriving at school, Charlie Brown gained a ginormous crush on her, but got too nervous to talk to her, too nervous for his own good, thus he did everything he could to win her affections. Once the school year was over, before she left for Summer Camp, Charlie Brown had finally plucked up courage to talk to Heather after finding out she chose him to be her summer pen pal, and to give back her nibbled pencil. As it turned out, Heather likes Charlie Brown too, not because she felt sorry for him, but because of his humour at the school dance, helping Sally at the talent show, and everything he did for her to try winning her affections. During the summer, Heather and Charlie Brown managed to write to each other as a way of keeping contact with each other.

One day that summer, Charlie Brown heard the mailbox open.

"Oh, the mail's here!" Charlie Brown exclaimed. "I hope I get a letter from that Little Red-Haired Girl!"

Charlie Brown opened the mail slot, and inside was.....

"To..... Charlie Brown. Yes! The letter is for me!" Charlie Brown cheered excitedly.

He tore open the letter, and read the note.

Dear Charlie Brown.

I've had a lot of fun at summer camp.

The camp chow they serve is delicious.

They allowed me to do all kinds of activities.

This is just a note to say that I'll be returning tomorrow.

Signed,

Heather Wold, or as you like to call me, the Little Red-Haired Girl.

"She's coming back! She's back tomorrow!" Charlie Brown cheered, and he danced a little jig.

The next day, Charlie Brown waited at the bus stop.

"Any hour now. She'll be back."

As the sun was going down, the bus arrived.

"Good grief!" Charlie Brown sighed.

All the students stepped off the bus. The last to step off was a girl in a turquoise dress and white Mary Jane shoes.

"Is that? Is that?"

Charlie Brown looked up and saw the girl with red hair in which she wore an aquamarine bow.

"The Little Red-Haired Girl is back!" Charlie Brown exclaimed.

He ran up to Heather and hugged her. Heather, feeling the hug, blushed redder than her hair.

"Hi, Charlie Brown!" Heather said. "Oh, it feels so good to be home!"

"So how was camp?" Charlie Brown asked the Little Red-Haired Girl.

"It was fun." Smiled Heather. "You did read the note I wrote to you, didn't you, Pen Pal?"

"I did. I see you enjoyed yourself." Said Charlie Brown.

"I sure did, Charlie Brown. As fun as camp was, there's no place like home." Smiled Heather

Then, she hugged Charlie Brown, happy to have returned to the neighbourhood.