She's a Star

Lucy pulled the curtains, and out on stage were Schroeder on his piano, and Heather holding a microphone. She was going to sing and dance at the same time.

"It's Heather! And Schroeder! Come on, Heather!" cheered Janice.

Heather cleared her throat, and got ready to sing.

"Tonight," Heather announced. "I will be singing a song. A very special song. This song is a dedication. A dedication to a special someone. Hit it, Schroeder!"

Schroeder placed his fingers and thumbs on the piano keys, and played the music of O Mio Babbino Caro. Heather started waltzing, microphone in her hand, and she started singing with an aria voice.

"Oh my dear Charlie,

You are so courageous and handsome.

Very compassionate and funny,

sweet, helpful and awesome."

Charlie Brown, watching from backstage, was touched. He even let out some tears. Marcie, Peppermint Patty, Franklin, Sally, and Frieda watched and were moved to tears.

"I have a friend who is lovely,

An ever so cute one that is who.

This girl prevailed her own disease,

with help from her own sweet babboo.

She suffered a boy, who teased her thence,

but babboo had knocked some sense!"

Janice, realising Heather meant her, was moved to tears. Even Mimi had to let out tears, and Rerun, knowing Heather was talking about his brother, had to cry. Even Lucy was moved to tears. Linus was also moved to tears.

"But dear Charlie, you're my babboo,

a sweet one, I..... love you!"

There was a thunderous applause. Schroeder got off his piano and joined Heather to take a bow with her.

The talent show was soon over. And it was time to announce the winners. The winners who would get the trophies. Charlie Brown looked nervous. He was hoping he and Frieda would win, but at the same time, hoped Heather and Schroeder would win.

The principal make the official announcement.

"Come on!" Charlie Brown begged.

"I'll do it!" called Lucy.

Lucy walked to the front of the stage and read the scores each performer got.

"And the winners of tonight's talent show are....." Lucy announced.

"Please be me! Please be me!" begged Charlie Brown.

"I sure hope I'm the winner!" said Heather.

"Schroeder and Heather Wold!" Lucy announced.

"Oh my goodness!" cried Heather.

"I won! I mean we won!" cheered Schroeder.

"Good grief!" sighed Charlie Brown.

"We lost?! Even with my naturally curly hair?!" cried Frieda.

"Rats!" muttered Peppermint Patty.

Schroeder and Heather walked out onto the stage to obtain their trophies.

"Thank you, everyone!" said Schroeder.

"Thanks, everybody! Thank you for this prize!" smiled Heather.