Chapter 20

(Cassin POV)

Me and Sylvie had finally made our way out from the dire tombs, it was a long journey just to reach the entrance but now I was standing there.

Looking out into the world I saw Arthur, Jasmine and Elijah sitting around a campfire with some kind of meat being cooked near the flame.

I walked over (well more like scraped my feet against the ground but whatever). The sudden noise coming from the entrance of the tombs causing the trio to turn their heads in my direction.

I just waved my hand at them in acknowledgment before sitting down on the grass near the flame. Before taking a piece of raw meat out from my storage ring and ate it while everyone was watching.

"Dude, that's disgusting, how are you even able to eat that?" Elijah asked, everyone else seemed to ask the same question since they nodded their heads.

Looking up from my meal I replied." I mean, I've been living with mana beast since I can remember , so you kinda pick some things up. Also you can come out Sylvie."

Everyone just looked confused at me before my hood started moving, and after a few seconds the movement stopped.

And out came Sylvie's head on top of mine." Kyuu |noo, I like it here, it's so comfy.|"she said before closing her eyes.

I guess she was just too comfy because she started purring.

"So, when will the rescue team show up?" I asked

"We sent a letter a little bit ago, so they should arrive by either tomorrow evening or the morning after." Answered Jasmine before she took a bite of her cooked meat.

I nodded before standing up and howled, the others looked at me like I was crazy before some bushes started shaking.

And out came a pack of six black wolves.

Everyone was put on alert by the pack of wolves as they made their way towards me.

And when they reached me they started sniffing me over looking for any injuries.

Everything was okay until one of them sniffed over my right arm. They started whining a little which alerted the rest of the pack.

The pack had split in two after that little discovery, the three females had started messing with my cloak, trying to see the injury. I had to keep pushing their heads away so they wouldn't hurt my arm any more than it already was.

And the three males turned around and started growling at Arthur, Jasmine and Elijah.

After a few minutes I was able to calm down my family and explained to them what happened and who the people I was sitting with were.

They had finally settled down around me, keeping me close to them while separating me from the rest of the group of new friends(?) I made.

"So... this is my family." I said, but my voice was kind of muffled with the combination of Sylvie covering my face and my canine family still looking around, paranoid that something would happen.

But after a few minutes (a literal hour) they started to settle down, and I was once again surrounded by my family.

So I just decided to give up, I was too tired to even stop them from messing around with my cloak, and when they were finally able to remove it, they got a face full of my arm.

Wrapped in a bloody bandage and in a sling around my neck was my limp, broken arm.

My family did not take kindly to that, they started whining and even tried to lick it. Luckily Sylvie was fast enough to stop them from that.

I know they mean well, but still, it's a little disgusted to feel wolf saliva caking my bloody wounds.

So I sent a thankful look to Sylvie, I guess she felt it and turned to me.

Where she then licked my arm...

You know what...

I'm too tired to deal with all this bullshit.

(So it's been what, a year or two😬. I ain't gonna make any excuses (mostly cause I'm too lazy to make one up.) because none can be truthful.

So at first, I originally planned to just take a small break just to make sure I didn't burn out. But then with my personality I got so lazy that the only thing I wanted to do was read.

And that's what I did, and I apologize that it took so long for this chapter to get out. My bad.

Also could you the reader critique my work, it be very much appreciated as even though I barely write any more, I still want to know what I'm doing wrong.)

Word count: 788