6: Screw That Shit

The Bellas had been living in their new house for 2 months now. They had already won regionals and were getting ready for the next leg of the competition. Beca and Chloe were stronger than ever, back to how they used to be. Beca and Fat Amy had gotten close as well, since they had been sharing a room, and Beca surprisingly started opening up to her. She told Amy about her and Chloe and how she felt now. Amy wasn't surprised but told Beca that she needs to do what she thinks is right. Beca thought about it, she needs to tell Chloe how she feels.

5:25pm: Red
Beca: hey Beale, you up for dinner? My treat xx
Red: yeah sure becs, be ready in ten? Xx
Beca: 15, wear something nice xx

Beca jumped up and started to change quickly, she knew this occasion called for a dress. The only dress Beca currently owned was one that Chloe had bought for her last year. It was a black dress with a deep v-cut neckline and the skirt was a bit puffy. Beca put it on and called Amy to ask what she thought.
"damnn tiny, hot." Amy smirked and Beca rolled her eyes. Stacie heard the word 'hot' and walked in.
"Agreed." Was all she said and left. If Beca had Stacie's approval she would definitely have Chloe's.

Chloe was searching through her wardrobe for something to wear. She decided on a top already but now she needed to find a skirt. The top she picked was a tight fitting cropped t-shirt. It was blue, Beca always said blue brought out her eyes. She eventually chose a black mini skirt.
"Aubrey?" Chloe called for Aubrey to come in.
"What do you think?"
"Cute Chlo, that's really nice." Chloe smiled at Aubrey's response. She didn't know what was gonna happen with Beca but she had decided to tell her how she felt. Once Chloe was ready she left her room and knocked on Beca's door. Beca opened the door and stared at Chloe.
"Wow. Ch- Chlo. You look, amazing." Chloe blushed and smiled.
"Thanks Beca. You look - look really good. Like really good." Beca laughed. Chloe emphasised the second really and it made Beca light up.
"Thanks, you ready to go?" Chloe nodded and they took off downstairs.
Word had gotten out to the Bellas that Beca invited Chloe to dinner and they both got dressed up and were super giddy so they had an audience when they got downstairs. Both of the girls started blushing immediately when the Bellas started cheering. Fat Amy stepped forward to Chloe and said, "have her home by 11" and winked. Beca and Chloe looked at each other, rolled their eyes, and said goodbye to everyone.

They got out to Beca's car and she opened the door for Chloe. When they were on their way neither girl could come up with anything to talk about, they were too nervous.
"So where you taking me?" Beca smiled at Chloe's question.
"That's for me to know, and you to find out." Beca winked.
"Oh my god Beca! Super cliche." Chloe couldn't help but laugh at Beca's super cringy answer. About 10 minutes later they pulled up at some hotel.
"Beca, this looks way too fancy. Why don't we go to Taco Bell? I don't want you spending a lot of money." Beca took Chloe's hand and started pulling her towards the place.
"Don't worry, I know them here." Chloe was confused. Beca knew people? Outside the Bellas? Her extremely socially awkward friend knew people? Wow.
"Okay, if you're sure."
They got inside and were seated at a table by a window. Beca knew Chloe liked people watching so she requested it. They had a lovely meal and then decided to share a brownie for dessert.
"Chloe I need to tell you something."
"Beca I need to say something."
They both talked at the same time and laughed.
"You go first becs, after all you did bring me out." Beca was relieved, she needed to go first.
"Okay, this is gonna take a minute for me to get out." Chloe didn't say anything, making it clear that she would wait for Beca to be ready. Beca cleared her throat.
"Chloe Beale. Ever since I first laid eyes on you I knew that I needed you in my life. And I have you in my life now. When we didn't talk much over the summer I hurt so bad. All I wanted was you. Now I have you, but not the way I want. I might ruin us by saying this but screw 'friends'. Screw that shit, I love you Chloe Beale. I always have and I always will." Beca took in a deep breath after saying all that. She noticed Chloe crying.
"I knew I shouldn't have said anything. Forget about it Chloe. It's okay. We can go if you want." Beca started to stand up but Chloe grabbed her hand and pulled her back down.
"We can go in a minute Beca. Let me say my thing now." Beca sat back down, scared for what was coming.
"Becs, I don't even know where to start. You don't know how relieved I am to hear you say all that. I'm gonna go from the start here. When I saw you walking through the activities fair, I turned to Aubrey and i said 'I need to know that girl', and that's what I did. Ever since I first saw you I knew I needed you in my life. I never knew why, I just knew I needed you. But now I know why Becs. I love you too. I love you so much." Now Beca was crying which, apparently, never happened. The girls leaned across the table to each other and met in the softest kiss ever. Beca could taste the sweet chocolate from the brownie they had just shared and smiled into the kiss, she was sure Chloe was tasting the same thing. They sat back down and held hands across the table. They both smiled and then got up to leave. They returned back to the Bellas house quite content.

They went into their home together, holding hands. The Bellas were watching a movie in the living room so they went in. Fat Amy saw them first. She looked at them, then their hands, then their smiles, and jumped up.
"BLOE!!" Everyone ran to give them a hug. They were finally together. 'Wait.' Beca thought to herself, 'I never actually asked her'.
"Shit Chlo," Beca started, everyone got worried at the sound of her voice, it sounded too much like regret.
"I forgot to ask, I'm so dum-" before Beca could continue Chloe cut in.
"Will you be my girlfriend?"
"Hey that was my line! But yes, of course." Beca cupped Chloe's face in her hands and placed a gentle kiss on her lips. Everyone in the Bella house went to sleep happy for those two that night.