19. We'll Be Okay Now

Beca stared at the girl standing in front of her. Chloe began to talk.
"Beca. Oh my god. It's really you. Is it really you? Am I imagining this?" Chloe took a step toward Beca to see if it was really her but Beca took a step back.
"Yes Chloe. It's really me." Chloe's heart sank at Beca dismissing her attempt to be near her.
"I've missed you so much Beca. You don't understand."
"Yea I do Chloe. I've missed you too. How're you getting on?" Chloe was confused at Beca's hostility but then remembered when she first met the girl. She was more closed off than anyone Chloe had met before. She figured now that all she would have to do is break the walls back down to get Beca back. Maybe even just saying how she felt would be enough.
"Okay Beca. I'm head vet now so that's exciting! How about you?"
"I'm good I guess. I have a new album coming out next month."
"Oh awes! What's it called I'll get it?"
Beca didn't want to tell Chloe the name of it because she would know it was about her.
"Uhm it's, Locks of Fire."
"Awesome Beca it sounds great. Listen, do you think we could talk?"
"Yes please Chloe. Yeah of course."
"Great"

The girls strolled in silence to the restaurant that they used go to everyday. They sat down in their old usual table and began talking.
"Beca can I go first?"
"Sure."
This was Chloe's chance. She was going to get Beca back.
"Okay." Chloe took a breath. "Beca I've missed you every day more and more. I told you I would wait for you and I have. As soon as I walked out of your mom's house I cut off contact with Chicago. I understand where you were coming from but I need you to know I did not cheat on you. We really were just friends. I still love you Beca. I really still love you. So much. Do you think there's any way you can forgive me and we can be us again? Everyone loves a good bloe right?" Beca laughed at Chloe quoting Fat Amy but she also felt her heart grow when Chloe told her she still loves her. She figured now it was her turn to speak.
"Wow Chloe okay. I love you too. I've missed you so so so much. As soon as I told you to leave I regretted it but I was too scared to call you back in case you didn't want me. I want to try us again. All in. No getting out of it."
Chloe stood up and walked to Beca's side of the table. She pulled the girl up and leaned into a kiss. The most amazing kiss ever. Beca felt Chloe's soft lips, she brushed her tongue across them and Chloe's mouth fell open letting out a soft moan. One that only Beca could hear. Chloe pulled away and placed tender kisses all over Beca's face.
"I missed you baby. I love you so much and I'm so sorry."
"Me too Chloe. We'll be okay now."