25. Amy Hurry Up

Beca had met up with Amy about half an hour after she left the house. She already bought all the drinks and snacks for the Bellas but she needed to see the ring before she got home. They had planned to meet at a cafe 1 block from Beca's place.
"Hey tiny B!!" Amy ran towards Beca and engulfed her in a hug.
"Amy! I miss you dude." Beca was so happy to see her once roommate.
"Mitchell you have no idea!!"
"Do you have it Ames? Please tell me you haven't lost it already!!" Beca was worried about the ring but she did trust Amy to be careful as this was 'Bechloe stuff'.
"I got it tiny don't worry." Amy reached into her pocket and pulled out a small bright blue velvet ring box. Beca took it gently and opened it. The ring was perfect. It was silver with a big diamond in the middle, and studded along the band and around the diamond were orange sapphires, they reminded Beca of Chloe's hair.
"Oh my god. It's perfect. It's so perfect." Beca almost started crying.
"It really is Beca. Chlo is going to love it so much." Amy nodded in assurance to Beca.
Beca put the ring in her bag and motioned to a table.
"Do you wanna grab a coffee before we head back? I think I need to wrap my head around this before I see Chloe."
"Sure shortstack."

They both say at the table and had a coffee. All that was running through Beca's mind was if Chloe would say yes or if she would freak out and break up with Beca in front of everyone. Beca knew that thought was silly but it still went through her head and she couldn't stop it. When they finished the coffee, they started to head back to the apartment. Beca looked at her phone and saw the missed call from Chloe and the voice mail. She played the voicemail.

"Hey Becs, please call me back if you get this. I'm getting worried you've been out so long. Everyone is here except Amy so I'm going to put out the cookies you got yesterday. Don't worry I'll buy you new ones but just until you get home I'll put these out. I love you so much baby, please call me back darling."

"Shit Amy we need to get back quick. Chloe's been worried and I didn't see her calls."
"You run ahead Beca I'll catch up to you."
"You sure Ames? I can walk with you we just need to be quick."
"No you go ahead B, I need to make a few calls to my guys anyway." Amy winked.
"Ugh of course okay, text me when you're on the way so I know you're okay."
"Of course teeny."
They parted ways and Beca ran home.

When Chloe heard the door open she let out a sigh of relief and ran to Beca. She hugged her tight and then took a step back.
"Beca Mitchell! You ever take that long in the shop without calling me again and I will not be happy! I was so worried. I'm so glad you're safe baby."
"I know Chlo I'm so so sorry my love, my phone was silent and I bumped into Amy so we grabbed a coffee." Beca gave Chloe puppy eyes which Chloe melted for immediately.
"It's okay my darling. You saw Amy? Where is she?"
"She has to 'make a few calls' and then she'll be here."
"Oh right. Of course she's gonna hook up before she meets us. Go say hi to the girls!!"
Beca ran over and gave everyone a hug, even Aubrey.
"I miss you guys so much oh my god! I got our favourite snacks from the Bellas house and I got 2 of everyone's favourite drink."
"Thank Beca!" "Thanks mitchy." All the girls responded.
They all had a good time waiting for Amy to arrive. Beca was getting impatient as she wanted to finally propose to the love of her life and little did she know, Chloe was feeling the exact same emotions.

"I'm gonna call Amy. It's been an hour already I'll just tell her to get here." Beca stood up to call Amy. As she did, there was a knock at the door, Beca opened it to Amy standing there panting.
She patted Beca on the head.
"Sorry shorty, get help up and I actually vertically ran here."
"Hey Amy it's fine I was just gonna call you, come in, grab a drink."
Amy went and greeted everyone.

They all had some fun for a while and then Chloe stood up.
"Hey Bellas, I have something I want to show everyone. It's something really important to me and I want you all to see. Of course Beca thinks she has seen it, and she has seen, well heard, some of it. But not it all." Chloe winked at Beca.
Beca became confused as Chloe began to play what sounded like an acoustic version of the song that had come out that morning.