Epilogue

⋆⛧*┈┈┈┈﹤୨♡୧﹥┈┈┈┈*⛧⋆

⋆⛧*┈┈┈┈﹤୨♡୧﹥┈┈┈┈*⛧⋆

"Doctor Adam's?" Someone asks, causing me to turn my head to a familiar nurse.

I've known her for years but I can't for the life of me remember her name. She's the blonde one that Evelyne loves. I want to say her name is Moana but I'm not sure.

Just because I've worked here for years now, doesn't mean I remember anyone's name. For multiple reasons but one of them being that I have one major weakness in life and that one weakness happens to walk around all the time in tight scrubs.

It's beyond hard to focus when I can hear a familiar laugh from down the hallway, or her voice and even her squeaky shoes that she refuses to change. That accompanied with the scrubs and literally everything else about her, makes it exceptionally hard to focus on my colleagues, that includes remembering their names.

"Yes?" I mutter, still signing off some forms.

"We all need to know when Evelyne is back on shift, everyone over there is fighting over who gets to cover if she's working," the woman states, gesturing to the array of new nurses behind her.

They're all eager eyed, clearly wanting to work with Ev. Not that I can blame them, as if she didn't go the extra mile before, now she does even more.

Over the past few years she has facilitated so many fundraisers for the hospital including helping to expand the nursing program so we weren't as understaffed. She went into colleges and schools telling everyone about her love for being a nurse and hopefully helping people find what path they want to go down.

And, as always, she's a damn good nurse. Incredible in fact. She's fast, she's calm under pressure, she's smart, creative and even with all of that, somehow she's mine.

A fact that still baffles me to this day.

"She'll be back in a few days, our son is going off to college so she's helping him move," I leave out the few small breakdowns she's had over Milo going to college.

Hes going to Stanford which is only an hours drive away but Ev was heartbroken all the same. We let Milo pick out the college he wanted and as it turned out, he didn't want to go somewhere too far from home which worked for the two of us.

She's about to respond when my phone alarm goes off and I can't help but feel my chest heat up.

"I've got to go home but I'll let her know you're all asking about her," that's a lie.

The last thing I'm going to be thinking about when I walk through my front door is about these nurses, not when I know what I'm coming home to.

I glance down at my Lock Screen which just so happens to be the picture Rhys took of Evelyne, milo, beau and me years ago now. Even I can see the smile I was fighting so hard in that photo but I love it all the same, almost as much as I love the people in it.