Chapter 30 ~ I Can't Leave

Sooo sorry for the late update 😓😢 I thought I'd had more time since it's summer, but noooo. I barely even have time to sleep. I feel so guilty :/ Hope this long chapter makes up.

Third Person View

Hiro looked to Wasabi. "Machine." He said.

Wasabi gave Hiro a confused look before mouthing "Ohhhh." While nodding his head.

Wasabi turned to his lab and grabbed the machine that was, for once, randomly placed on the desk in panic.

Hiro's eyes were filled with despair, and he ran his hand through his hair over and over again.

Wasabi turned the machine on, and a "wavy" sound filled the quiet room. Wasabi looked up sheepishly. "Oops." He whispered, laughing.

He switched a switch and the sound turned off. Honey Lemon whispered, "What was the other one for?"

"Other what?" Wasabi whispered back.

"The other button."

"Ohhhh. That one."

"Why are we whispering?" Fred asked, whispering.

Hiro sighed. "Wasabi, just work your thing."

Wasabi looked at the mini-screen, turned around in a few circles, and faced the direction of Hiro.

"This way." He said. "We gotta hurry. The magnetic containment field that is detected is getting less and less stable. If (Y/N) is there when it sucks itself in, she'll be stuck in that dimension forever."

Hiro's eyes widened. "What?" He breathed.

Wasabi just nodded and beckoned everyone forward as he walked out the door.

(•-•) <Baymax was silent for once!>

You flew towards the sky-blue miasma, your hands still chained to the wooden post. Everything seemed to slow down, and you clenched your fists.

<Note: Everything below until the Baymax face happens in a second>

Hiro. Hiro. You didn't get to hold his hand and tell him how much you loved him. You didn't get to smile and laugh with him. You didn't even get to say goodbye.

Your vision blurred. Everything from the past flashed through your mind again. The first time you set eyes on Hiro. The time when Hiro asked you out. The time when Hiro tried to protect you from those knife-throwing creeps. The time when Hiro and you helped Kiyoshi win Ashley's heart. The tears fell away.

Hiro had been so much to you. And now you were going to leave him, leave this world forever. You couldn't bear the thought of that, and your vision blurred again.

You let your silent sobs become louder, and you looked into the shadows.

You had finally lost everything.

Then a thought struck you. Kiyoshi. It was all Kiyoshi's plan.

(•-•)

Time veered back to normal, and you took one last breath and shouted, "Would Ashley have wanted this!?"

The miasma faded away. You dropped to the ground.

"What did you say?"

"I said, would Ashley have wanted this? To get rid of her best friend from the world just like herself because she died?"

"Ashley doesn't matter anymore!" Kiyoshi yelled. "She's dead, and there's no changing that!"

You sat there for a second, trying to think of a good comeback.