Chapter 4 ~ The Truth

______'s POV

"I love you." I smiled and leaned in, kissing the boy in front of me. He looked surprised, but kissed me back. I broke away and stared into the boy's brown eyes, they were so deep, and intense. I sighed contently.

The scene changed. I was doing my homework with the same boy, and I was asking him a question. I held out my paper to him. On it was a super hard problem: H(x)=(x^2)+1 and K(x)=-(x^2)+4. If K(H)=0, then what are the roots/solutions? "Can you explain this to me?" I asked the boy. He nodded and started talking.

The scene changed again. This time I was sitting on my bed, crying, hard. I couldn't make out the world anymore. Everything was dark.

Scene change again. I was laying on a hospital bed, staring at the ceiling. There was a doctor, a woman, and a nurse to the side of the bright white room, talking quietly. "The only way for her to be able to heal from this incident is for us to erase her memory. Completely. Have her start off her life like a baby again. Her memories will start coming back in a few years, or maybe even a few decades."

"But it's too dangerous!" The woman argued.

"It's the only way."

The doctor came over and hooked me up to a few machines. Needles were injected throughout my body. Then the world went dark.

I sat up in bed and glanced at my watch. 4:24 am. My dreams were still haunting me. What was that all about? I closed my eyes and lay back down. I still have a few hours. I thought. Then everything came back to me. My whole life was flashed in front of my eyes in a few seconds. A memory rush. I curled, and the knowledge of my whole life was back, and it was overwhelming. I felt like I had just sprinted a 5K. It felt like being in the water while a dam broke. I was out of breath, and everything explained itself. Hiro. He was my best friend in high school (we were in high school when we were 13). Did he forget me? Or did he have to go through the same treatment I had?

I closed my eyes and went back to sleep. I decided not to tell anyone this in the morning.

******************

In the morning, when I got SFIT, I was a bit dazed but I didn't but I didn't show it. I felt there was something different in my mind but I just couldn't place it down.

I walk into my lab with my new friends, GoGo and Honey Lemon. I flashed a smile at Hiro and walked in next to him. He showed no look of remembrance. I was a bit disappointed. I leaned over his shoulders and looked at his screen. "What are you designing?" He looked at his computer and said, "I'm redesigning the armor for new Baymax." I nodded, remembering the story he had told me on Saturday.

"Hey. You wanna go to the theaters today after school?" I asked. His face turned red. But yet again, it could have been that a big red model of Baymax's armor showed up on the screen. "Oh, um, sure?"

"You don't sound so sure. I'll go ask Fred."

"No, no! _____! I'd love to go." I smiled. His personality was cute. Then, suddenly, I felt my pupils dilate and I felt like I was in a dream again. "No, actually, I'm going with Fred." I heard myself say. "I don't think I have time for you, anyways." No, no, no!!! I didn't ever say that! Why!? A fuzzy feeling came over me and I walked away. No....

Is there something wrong with me?

~~~~~~~~~~

OMG 300 views!!!!! TYSM this is the most i've ever had!!! (I have a few accounts)

Sorry for not posting for so long! I'll make no excuses. I was lazy...... Anyways...

✨Bye🌟⚡🐶🐬🐠🐳🌹🌺🎁🎈🎂💝!!!

~Me