Chapter 31

Following Christmas, Arthur and Saffron stayed at his mothers for a while longer as did Charles and Lorenzo so the group could celebrate New Years together. While Arthur was in another room with Charles and Lorenzo discussing something that Pascale and Saffron think is racing, they sat in the living room with a movie playing on the TV. "Saffron, I have to ask. How are you feeling ahead of the new F1 season? Especially considering this is your first year away from the internship and doing the actual media work itself." Pascale turns to the young girl. "I'm very excited. Plus, I get to annoy Charles and Arthur half the year." Saffron laughs.

"They'll allow you in F2 to celebrate and congratulate Arthur, right?" Pascale asks. "Of course! Have to celebrate my boyfriend." Saffron giggles. Pascale smiles, knowing that there wasn't a better match for her youngest son than Saffron. "He's lucky to have you, Saff. You've always been there for him." the older woman comments. "Even when I wasn't watching him in person, I was supporting from afar. Arth just means so much to me." Saffron comments with the glisten of pure love and admiration in her eyes.

The three boys return to the living room, Arthur sitting beside Saffron and pulling her close to him as Charles and Lorenzo sit in the two chairs. "Have you been gossiping about us while we were gone?" the Formula 2 driver questions. "Us? Never." Saffron jokes as she looks at Arthur. "Sure." Arthur smirks as he pecks her lips. Charles and Lorenzo exchange mischievous glances until they catch the glare from Pascale to which they change their expressions.

"We'd love to stay all day but we have a flight to catch." Arthur smiles as he pulls Saffron up with him. "A flight?" she questions. "It's a surprise, you'll find out in all due time." Arthur grins at her. "But you know I hate surprises, Thutur." Saffron playfully frowns. "Well, you'll love this one." Arthur smiles as he places his arm around her waist. The young couple say their goodbyes before heading back to his apartment so they could pack their suitcases. "Arthur, just tell me where we're going!" Saffron begs as she stands infront of him with her suitcase beside her. "I'm not going to. You're going to love where we're going." Arthur laughs as he wraps his arms around her waist.

"I want to hate you right now but I just can't because I love you too much." Saffron smiles as she looks up at him, her hands tightly around him. "You love me way too much to ever hate me. It's always been that way, cherié." Arthur says as he leans down and places his lips on hers. Saffron moves her hands from around him, placing on around his neck and the other on his cheek as their lips begin to move insync. "I really want to do this for a while but our flight leaves in 2 hours so we have to go now as we're flying private baby." Arthur smiles and he sees excitment fills Saffron's eyes.

"Private?! That's amazing!" she exclaims excitedly. "Well, my girl deserves everything there is and where we're going, it's better to arrive in style." Arthur says as he brushes some of her hair behind her ear. She leans into his touch and smiles, wondering how she got so lucky. "You're the best, you know that." Saffron lovingly smiles as she pecks his cheek. "I didn't know." the Monegasque boy laughs.

The two finished packing before their things and ensured they had everything before leaving their apartment. The couple called for a taxi and placed their stuff inside the boot and heading to the airport.  They arrive at the closest airport and check their luggage in before proceeding through to the lounge where they're awaiting to board their flight. "Okay, mister. Now will you tell me." Saffron says as she sits on Arthur's lap. "Let me think, no." he says with a smirk. "You're no fun sometimes." she frowns playfully.

"You love me really." Arthur proudly grins. "That's debatable." Saffron says as she feels Arthur place his lips on hers. "Okay, you win. I do love you really." Saffron giggles as his lips part from hers. "I always win. Come on, lets get on our flight love." Arthur says as Saffron stands up and he takes her hand into his. The luxury flight was all prepared for them as the boarded and received welcome drinks.