XXXIX. I Turn 5th Avenue Into A Valley Of Death

Alternate Chapter Titles: Defending Everyone From A Horde Of Monsters (Again..), Part One; I Take On Kronos' Entire Army (yes literally), Part One; The Beast Of Camp Half Blood Returns (Aka I Go On A Killing Spree), Part One; Enter The Monster King, Part II

(A/N: A Lot of Alternate Chapter Titles here, yes.

Moving on.

You all waited for last chapter, and I hope I made it as good as every bit of the hype I made it out to be. You're probably asking yourself now, how exactly does this affect the story of the Last Olympian now? Well in this chapter, you are about to find out. Let's just say, it goes about as well as for the Titan Army in this and next chapter as the last chapters have probably led you to believe. That is to say, very painful.

Shoutouts to the usual people too. Also enjoy the pre-chapter opener below too.)

My name is Hades, King Of The Underworld. Eldest of the Big Three, Firstborn son of Kronos, and Greek God of the Dead. Why exactly are you hearing from me if this is a Colton Reynolds chapter? Well, I'll tell you.

Ever since the first of August this year, I have been plagued with nightmares about the return of a figure the Olympians - those same Olympians that I am not a part of - have not had to deal with for over 60 years. A figure that died near the end of World War II.

And now.. those dreams..

The scene, like a cartoon changes to a street level shot of the front parts of the crowd with the Monster King on his demonic horse getting closer and closer.

those nightmares..

The screen then changes to a closeup shot as the camera pans up and the Monster King laughs in an unhinged, psychotic, malevolent and rapid manner as he gets closer and closer to the screen and the demonic horse roars one more time before the screen turns black just as Colton's face - with the crown on top of it - reaches the screen.

are becoming real!

"..HA HA!"

- — - — - — - — -
(To the actual chapter now!)
- — - — - — - — -
The Monster King kept laughing maniacally as he closed in on the Monsters encircling the Empire State Building, coming straight up the middle of 5th Avenue from the south. Along both sides of the front to the east of 5th Avenue and to the west from Sixth Avenue onwards, the sounds of an extremely violent, heated, ferocious monster on monster clash erupted as fierce fighting raged over the front.

Hand to hand fighting was everywhere, with ranged combat and some aerial combat taking place as well. More reinforcements had joined the Monster King's army prior to the all-out assault in this alternate dimension void of mortals - and yes they were all in an alternate dimension, hence the red sky and clouds and odd-colored moon - and it showed, as contingents of various groups of monsters from different mythologies, whether containing groups of hellhounds, dracaenas, Hyperborean and Laistrygonian giants, Blemmyes, and legions of undead Greek, Spartan, Mycenaean, Union, Confederate, Revolutionary, and even G.I. soldiers from the Greek Pantheon and from American history along with large packs of werewolves; Jotunn, Trolls, and other monsters from Norse Mythology; squadrons of Dullahans riding with weapons from Irish folklore; gargoyles from Europe and Jiangshis and Yetis from Asia duking it out with enemy forces. Under heavy assault from land, sea - for sea creatures loyal to the Monster King were also popping out of the East and Hudson Rivers to bring the fight to Kronos' army - and air and facing both monsters, wardens, and heralds at the same time, it is little wonder that slowly but surely, Kronos' masses were being forced back at a very heavy cost in lives.

As the Monster King got closer and closer, the monsters around the Empire State Building panicked more and more. Some turned and fled to the rear, pushing and shoving their way through the hordes of monsters choking the approach routes; others prepared to fight; still others were uncertain whether to fight or flee.