Interlude: Two Souls In Love

(A/N: Here we are! The Last Olympian! Now I just wanted to say, I didn't plan on this being more or less a "chapter partly based on someone else's request", but squirrelmonkey123 had an idea that they commented about in Chapter XXV that I am going to run with in this a bit. Either way, this will be just more KAYTON themed moments. Probably will be pretty long as well, so please enjoy. Plus references to other fandoms in this as well. Plus shoutouts to -JASONSGRACE and Imaginebooks as well.)

Alternate Chapter Title: The Interlude That's Made Up Of One-shots

- — - — - — - — -
August 19th, 2007

When he leaves camp for the third time in his whole existence there, he was not expecting that her father would send a fucking limo up to get both of them. Like no, seriously.

An actual limo.

Needless to say, it threw him for a loop. Kayla could only giggle in amusement as her boyfriend quite literally acted like a kid stunned at seeing something he had never seen before. It didn't stop him from making out with her in the open space of the passenger part of the limo though.

By this point, they couldn't even go an hour with each other without feeling the need to kiss. It was so bad that Clarisse had to shout, "DO YOU TWO REALLY NEED TO SHOW YOUR AFFECTION FOR EACH OTHER TO THE REST OF US EVERY FIVE FUCKING MINUTES?!" to the two of them at one point in time since they hooked up.

With the two of them alone in the passenger area of the limo, it isn't long before they stop making out with each other, and Colton's anxiety about having to meet one of her parents shows itself. He's sweating, really sweating.. because even for a son of Ares, he can't help but be a bit intimidated that he might not measure up to whatever standards Darren Knowles had in mind for his daughter's boyfriend.

But she calms his concerns, telling him that he's going to be fine, and that he'll be okay. The fact that her words, plus her taking his hand in hers, calms him down speaks a lot to how close the two of them are.

- — - — -
Later..

He feels weird having to wear formal, fashionable clothes for the first time in his life. He isn't used to them, and so they feel awkward to wear. But he knows he has to, given the occasion that Darren has decided to hold as soon as the two of them had arrived at his residence in Toronto.

The trip there was really uneventful, the two of them having been guarded from monsters most of the way there through the assistance of the Hunters Of Artemis, who had just so happened to be trekking northwards along part of the route that the limo took. So some of the hunters, including Artemis, Thalia Grace, Phoebe, and Hunter, catch a ride on their way up to Toronto.

Needless to say, while a lot of the hunters looked on in annoyance that a girl that could have been a hunter due to be very good with a bow had fallen in love with a boy, in contrast Thalia, Phoebe, and Hunter couldn't help but express congratulations to both him and Kayla on their relationship upgrade. Artemis herself even joined in, if only kind of reluctantly.

As for what event Darren had decided to host on that day, it was really simple actually. A good old fashioned party of celebrities, with plenty of protection offered by the gods - at Apollo's insistence.

Colton doesn't know what to really think when he comes out of the second bathroom in the incredibly spacious master bedroom, one of two in Darren's mansion, that Kayla's father let him and Kayla be in.. only to find his girlfriend's bodyguard, Asterios, standing on the other side of the door.