XXXVIII. Enter The Monster King, Part One

(A/N: Here we go! Chapter 38, the part I've told you to look forward to. And yes, the alternative chapter title once again is not lying. This is it, the Monster King is finally being introduced in full this chapter.

No more blurry figures. You get to see his true form before this chapter is over. So believe me when I say, I have been really looking forward to writing this chapter for quite a long while now.

References to TMNT Season Five Episode Twelve "Enter The Dragons, Part 1" in this one - the ending at least. So best you all watch the ending to it first, because basically.. it'll give you a pretty good understanding as to how this chapter ends. Plus a line reference to a small bit of Scooby Doo: Monster Of Mexico, in addition to the near additional reference to Scooby Doo as described at the very bottom of this chapter.

As per usual, shout-outs to -JASONSGRACE , Imaginebooks  , Morro11  , TsarinaTorment, TheTimeTraveler24, and others for the usual reasons.

One final warning, prepare to see the great prophecy flipped on its head. While Percy is the one who has to make a choice about saving or razing Olympus, and we still get to hear Luke's words to Percy about not letting the unclaimed happen again, aside from that, prepare for canon to start going out the window for this part of the battle. Like, you have been warned.)

- — - — - — - — -

I don't really remember much of what happened when we went up to Olympus this time. I actually don't somehow.

All I remember is that one moment I'm about to walk out of the elevator onto the bridge with them, and the next after 3 seconds of blacking out is that I'm standing in the throne room with them and Hestia. I shake my head and blink, just as Thalia rushes in, panting and out of breath.

"You all got to get down here.." Thalia said grimly. "The enemy is advancing. And Kronos is leading them."

We all scrambled to follow her, not wasting any time as we all did so. This was it.. the final part of the fight was here.

- — - — - — - — -

Chaos greeted us once we got outside of the building. Kronos' forces stood in a ring less than 10 meters from the door to the lobby, with his vanguard right at the front. There was, however a large gap right on the intersection of 5th Avenue and 33rd Street for some reason. Anyways, the Japanese kid that had stabbed Annabeth back on the 15th stood in the vanguard next to a dracaena with a crown on, while two Hyperborean giants stood beside them. Right in front of them was the Time Boy Kronos himself, with scythe in hand.

Our defenses were gone. Literally, the entirety of camp and the Hunters were basically all on the ground in front of us, too wounded to fight anymore. The centaurs had seemingly vanished. Kayla shrieked in horror at the sight of her and Michael's siblings all laying in a pile. Aruna and Aurora were on the bottom of it, with Victoria and Austin L. splayed out on top of them. Austin M. was lying nearby, while Caeli was on top of Victoria and Alice and Matthias were on top of Austin L., with the rest of the cabin and Lee on top of all of them. Sherman had his body over top of Miranda's, staring at the monsters defiantly to the end. Clarisse was frozen in a block of ice on her chariot along with Chris. It was a similar state for everyone else, however.. meaning that me, Thalia, Percy, Annabeth, Belle, Grover, Kelli, Kayla, and Michael were now all that's left that could fight, it seemed. Well.. there was one other person.. Chiron, who was standing right in front of us in the doorway, arrow nocked on his bow and aimed right at his father.

"Chiron.." Annabeth said, clearly not at all liking this.

"Step aside, little son.." Kronos said dismissively to Chiron, with his gold eyes fixed on..  me for some reason. Percy honestly looked surprised, to be honest, as did Annabeth.. as I could see both of their reactions to my left and right. Chiron however, refused to move.