CHAPTER 15 (EDITED)

Kean's POV

We are now outside Clara's house and we have said goodbye because we are going home, since there is still school tomorrow and Clara is leaving early because of her National Mathematics Olympiad match.

I hugged her tightly before saying goodbye and wished her for one last time a Happy Birthday and Happy 1st Monthsary.

Mama and Papa are waiting in the car. Our friends went home individually since their parents were also with them.

"Goodluck tomorrow, I know you can do it." I said to her and she nodded and smiled.

"Be careful on the way home." she said.

"We will. I'll call you later, okay?" I answered her and went to the car and we left.

Clara's POV

Today is the day of the National Mathematics Olympiad. It has three stages: the qualifying stage, the area stage, and the national stage. Since I already passed the qualifying and area stages online, I will now proceed to the national stage, which is already onsite. From the TOP 100 contestants (qualifying stage) down to the TOP 50 (area stage), and now we are down to the TOP 20, from all areas of Luzon, Visayas, Mindanao, and the NCR, qualified for the National Stage.

Unlike quiz bees, this is like taking a lot of exams about mathematics. During the qualifying and area stages, it was an online exam, but it was open-camera, recorded, and there was also a proctor watching.

In the qualifying stage, it's all multiple choice, and then you need to enter the TOP 100 to qualify for the area stage. I was recognized as one of the Top 20 contestants among the Top 100 contestants from all areas during the qualifying stage. This is my first ever national competition, and the same is true for our school.

In the area stage, it's a mix of multiple choice and problem solving; after that, you have to make it in the TOP 50 from all areas so you can enter the National Stage. They also recognized here the TOP 3 contestants from each of the four areas (Luzon, Visayas, Mindanao, and NCR), and I was not even in the TOP 3 in each of the four areas, but I am in the TOP 15 among the TOP 50 contestants.

Now that we are onsite for the national stage, we will be given an exam again, but this time it is only problem solving, and there are no multiple choices. Then this will be a two-day exam. We have 4 and a half hours to complete the exam each day. Then only the top 3 contestants from all areas will be awarded and will compete in the International Math Olympiad. They will also be giving awards to the top female and top male contestants from all over the nation.

Since these two days, all contestants have been given free accommodation in a hotel nearby.

I'm very nervous because, based on my standing, there are many better than me, but my teacher, Ms. Trixie Panganiban, also serves as my coach; she helps me to review and study harder. Even the ones we haven't discussed and the higher math we went through just to be sure.