Chapter 18 - Shall We Begin Our Meeting?

You sigh once more. There was no point in trying to hide anything. She'll find out at one point or another.

Straightening up and lifting your chin, you put on your business smile and place your right hand forward. "Park y/n. CEO of Black Pearl Marketing Group. A pleasure to meet you."

Not very flattering to introduce myself in a dignified way right after taking two lives... Tch.

She eyes your hand as if inspecting it for some hidden ticking bomb and decides not to shake your hand, which you don't really mind. You retract your hand and place it to your side, putting the gun that was in your other hand at the back of your belt, away from her view; in case the woman went haywire and suddenly ran off.

Still suspicious, the woman takes out her phone and searches up your name. Getting the verification that she needed, her jaw drops.

You keep up your smile. "Now would you like me to take you somewhere else? That is much safer, and away from this mess?"

"L- look at yourself! You're a CEO and you're out here murdering people!" She exclaims in half disbelief and half terror.

"Oh? So what you're trying to say is that you were willing to accept your fate and let those thugs take you wherever they wanted?" You quirk up an eyebrow.

"N- no! But I... I mean... You didn't have to kill them recklessly like that! I- I'm going to report you!" The woman takes a step backwards.

"Ma chère dame..." Your tongue presses against the inside of your cheek as a deadly smile unveils. It takes only one long step for you catch up and stand right in front her, towering over her frail figure. "You have quite the confidence to even think that you'll be able to get that far."

Her small frame starts shaking violently, the dull colors of her face draining away. You subtly roll your eyes with a frustrated sigh and steady her, firmly grabbing her arms on the side. "But you shouldn't worry about it as long as you don't involve me in this mess... And let me make sure you reach your destination safely."

"What if you are a clone?!"

Your forced-to-look-polite smile drops like it was never there. You don't have much energy left for dealing with this bullshit. "Sure. Suit yourself. I'm not wasting any more of my time. Yuna, get yourself together and let's get out of here. These corpses are starting to stink." You spin around your heels and start walking back to your car. Yuna follows suit, scurrying behind you.

Suddenly you feel someone grip your arm tightly. You look over to see the woman grabbing on to you, her face as pale as a ghost from the shock of the past few minutes.

"I'll go with you."

જ⁀➴

The drive had been silent for fifteen minutes now. Yuna was busy cradling herself in the backseat while the woman had been fidgeting with her fingers, sitting on the passenger seat next to you.

"What about my chauffeur?" She finally speaks up, her voice low.

"You don't have to worry about anything, ma'am. I've already sent a message to my men to clean up the mess."

She only nods in response, looking slightly optimistic.

"May I ask where should I drop you off?" You ask politely.

"Falcon Estate."

Your eyebrows shoot up your forehead. "Oh?"

"Huh? Is that a problem? I don't mind, I'll give you another location."