Chapter 22 - Projekt Phoenix

After a couple of hours of sailing, the search fleet has now made it to the Arctic Circle and began their search for the hidden shipyard.

Enterprise: Javelin, send word to Commander Sarah that we have begun our search for the shipyard.

Javelin: Roger. Gets on Radio. Commander, do you read?

Sarah: I read you Javelin, go ahead.

Javelin: We have reached the Arctic Circle and have begun our search for the shipyard.

Sarah: Roger that.

Tirpitz: Joins radio call. Commander, how are my Schesters doing?

Sarah: They're doing great. Bismarck has joined me in doing paperwork while Blitz is still unconscious.

Tirpitz: Roger.

Javelin: This is Search Fleet 1 over and out. Ends Radio Transmission.

FDG: Alright, let's begin the search. We will split up into groups of three and search in a grid pattern. Everyone understand?

Everyone: Yes.

The girls all split up and started their search. All they saw for hours was ice and more ice. Eventually, after a couple hours of searching under the setting sun, they finally found a suspicious iceberg.

Laffey: I'm so tired.... Can we stop to rest?

Ayanami: No we can't, we have to keep looking to help our friends.

Atago: That's right, do you need a hug to keep you awake? Grabs Laffey and gives her a bones crushing hug.

Laffey: Can't........breathe......need.........air.

Ayanami eventually pried Laffey away from Atago and while doing so she noticed something glinting in the setting sunlight.

Laffey: Thank you.

Atago: It seems light we need to meet up with the rest of the fleet. Let's go, it's getting late.

Ayanami: Wait, I see something on that Iceberg. Points to the glinting object.

Atago: Hmmm, let's check it out.

The group approached the iceberg to see that it was absolutely massive.

Atago: Come here Ayanami. I need you to get a look up top.

Ayanami: How am I supposed to get up there?

Atago: Like this.

Atago quickly grabbed Ayanami and threw her up to the top of the iceberg. The stunned Ayanami landed on the top and used her sword to prevent her from sliding off of the top.

Atago: Over the radio. What do you see up there?

Ayanami: First off. You could've given me some warning.

Atago: Then it wouldn't have been as fun. But is there anything up there?

Ayanami: Yes, there's an antenna array. A big one. Let me get a closer look.

Ayanami slowly made her way up to the antenna array to reveal that it was of Iron Blood origins.

Ayanami: It's an Iron Blood antenna array. The cable run into the iceberg. I think we found it.

Atago: Alright, I'll radio this in. Gets on radio to the rest of the fleet. This is Atago. We found the shipyard. I repeat we found the shipyard.

Enterprise: You did? What are your coordinates?

Atago: We're at 76.2506° N, 100.1140° W.

Enterprise: Roger that, we'll be there shortly.