Chapter 24 - Epilogue

It has been 2 years since Blitzkrieg was reunited with the Golden Mental Cube. In that time the base has been completely repaired thanks to the sacrifice of Vestal and the depressed Akashi who no longer had a shop. Bismarck and Sarah have since finished the massive piles of paperwork from the damages incurred by Blitzkrieg and now have only small stacks every other day to complete. Tirpitz and FDG still take care of their Big Schwester with Bismarck dropping by when she has time. Today is a special day for the shipgirls of Azur Lane as they celebrate the reuniting of Azur Lane. The base is now alight with decorations as the shipgirls cheer and dance. Meanwhile in the bar, Commander Sarah and the other camp leaders can be seen sitting around a group table.

Wales: It seems everyone is having fun.

The camera pans to Volga, Kirov, Weser, and Scharnhorst having a drinking contest.

Rossiya: Indeed. It has been quiet since the Empress of the Sirens was taken out. I quiet that I enjoy.

Sarah: Indeed. Speaking of quiet. Turns to FDG. How is our resident sleeping beauty?

FDG: Same old same old. I wish she would just wake up already.

Tirpitz put her hand on her shoulder.

Tirpitz: We all do.

Back in the Hospital Room.

Blitzkrieg POV

I opened my eyes to see that I was in an Unfamiliar room. It wasn't like the rooms located in my shipyard. I sat up and looked around. I heard the cries of laughter and cheers of joy from the window in my room. I got up and let the sheets fall from my body. I looked through the window to see a harbor with mountains and many ships docked at the harbor.

Blitzkrieg: 'This isn't my shipyard'

I quickly put on my clothes and walked out the door cautiously as I looked around for anyone. I then made my way through the halls until I made it outside. I took in the awe of the scenery as it was a truly beautiful base. Decorations lined everything as I saw some shipgirls dancing nearby. I recognized some of them. One that stood out to me was Z23. I made my way over to her as she was still dancing with some other destroyers and a little unicorn. The others stopped dancing as they spotted me approaching. Z23 was puzzled.

Z23: Hey, why'd you guys stop? The music is still going.

Laffey: Look behind you Nimi.

I saw her turn around as her eyes widened when she locked eyes mine. She ran up to me while also being oddly suspicious and cautious.

Z23: Do you remember me?

I was stunned at her question. I was only gone for maybe 4 months now when I left to finish final construction. Why would I forget her?

Blitzkrieg: Of course I remember you silly. You're Z23. You grew a lot in the time we've been away.

Her eyes sparkled with hope for a little bit but it died down as she asked another question.

Z23: Do you remember your Little Schwesters?

I was even more stunned at this question. How could I forget them?!

Blitzkrieg: Z23, what's wrong with you? Of course I remember my Little Schwesters. They should be around your height by now I believe. These are some weird questions, Z23. I have only been gone for 4 months now by my count.

Z23 wasted no time and grabbed my hand as she pulled me somewhere. I was struggling to keep up with her sudden forcefulness. After some time running, we stopped in front of a bar for a minute until Z23 let go and pushed me inside. I was greeted by the drunken laughter of shipgirls and many discussions being made. I felt another push behind me as Z23 guided me somewhere. Suddenly, the room was quieted as we neared a big table with multiple shipgirls sitting at it. Most of them I recognized. Their eyes quickly locked with mine.