Part 5: Was It All a Misunderstanding?

Rosemary sat there in a daze, she could not believe what she just heard. She heard a knock on her door,

"Hey, I know you may not want to talk to me right now.. But I really do love you and your mother.. What your uncle had said was not true." Her father started, he was eruptly interrupted by her voice, "I know." The father was confused by her answer.

"I heard the whole conversation with you and uncle." Rosemary elaborated, the father sighed.

"I guess you heard about your condition then?" The father asked. "Yep." Rosemary simply said, the father closed his eyes and sighed once again. "I'm not mad, just confused."

Rosemary said in an calm voice. "What?" The father asked as he was confused by what she meant by that.

"I'm confused with my condition and all, like, is it genetic? Did I get it from mom? You? Grandma? Grandpa? Uncles from both your sides? I just wonder who I got it from."

Rosemary explained her confusion to her father.

"I know who you got it from." The father said.

This intrigued Rosemary, "Who?" She asked.

"You got it from me." The father revealed.

"What's the condition called?" Rosemary asked once more.

"It's called, Partial Death Immortality." The father said.

"It's been in my family for generations, and it is something I wish I could take away from you." The father explained.

"Why?" Rosemary asked as she was confused why her father would wish that.

"Because this condition will not allow you to die, you will forever be stuck in this earth, watching everyone you ever loved leave, either from death or they're tired of the relationship they have with you." Her father had explained his reason.

Rosemary fell silent for a moment before breaking the silence, "So I will be stuck here for all eternity, watching the relationships I have crumble away." Rosemary asked as she pressed the back of her head against her door.

"Yes." Her father confirmed. "But, I do hope you will come out sometime today." The father suggested before walking away.

A few days later, she couldn't stop thinking about the conversation her father had with her uncle, 'What point does uncle have with that conversation? What purpose does it serve to say that to me? Is he just a horrible person in general? I should stop thinking about it so much.' Rosemary shook her head of those thoughts and just kept walking on the sidewalk. She had a peaceful walk, when she got home, she noticed her uncle having a conversation with her father.

"Oop, your daughter's home Simon." The uncle said as he noticed her standing there.

"Why were you out so late?" Simon asked her.

"Cause I was out for a walk." She said.

"The sidewalk again?" Simon asked.

"Yep." She said.

"Why only that one sidewalk? I know we have family memories specifically that one sidewalk, but if that's your preference then I don't mind." Simon understandingly said.

"Thanks." Rosemary thanked.

"No problem pumpkin." Simon said with a smile on his face.

"You still have your nerdy smile, *Sniffles dramatically* Memories." The uncle jokingly said.

Simon just looked at him with a "You serious" look.

Rosemary laughed at the two, and went on her way to her room, from a distance she heard her uncle say, "Hey, I'm just sayin'... You smile still looks nerdy after all these years."

She rolled her eyes and smiled.

She closed her bedroom door and relaxed on her bed, opening her laptop to watch some Youtube.

She could hear chaos erupting in the living room, 'Guessing dad and uncle are fighting eachother like all siblings do heh.'

Rosemary thought to herself as she continued to watch her video.

It was around Midnight when she started to get tired, she closed her laptop and headed to bed, after a few hours she is awaken by noise, 'It's coming from the kitchen.'

She thought as she got out of bed.

She went downstairs to the kitchen and turned on the light

to see her uncle heating something up in the microwave.

"What are you doing? Why are you up?" She asked, annoyed.

"I got hungry so I'm heating up pizza rolls." Her uncle said sleeply as the microwave beeped. She sighed and shook her head, "I'm going to bed." She said as she left.

"Sleep tight." Her uncle said as he got his plateful of pizza rolls out of the microwave and started to eat them on the island counter, pulling up a stool chair.

She went back upstairs and went to bed.

An hour passed when she was awoken again, not by her uncle, but by a mouse squeaking loudly.

She saw it go to her doorframe and waited there as if it was waiting for her to follow it, she followed it all the way to a hole in the wall, the mouse went inside it, she peaked in there to see it waiting for her, she crawled into the space and followed it to a door, she opened it and behind it was a beautiful garden, "Wow.." Amazement overtook her when she the garden in it's full beauty. "I've heard stories about this garden but there wasn't any documentaries of it.. I thought it was just a mere story.." She said to herself.

'What made it possible for this garden to grow?'

(Author's note: Hehehe, Caroline reference :D interesting movie btw)