Part 18: Kingdom Unturned

The light died down to reveal a castle that was upon a floating chunk of land, the river making it seem as if it was a waterfall, crashing down onto a body of water, an ocean, with dolphins that occassionally fly out of the water and periodically do the water spurt trick from the hole in their head.

It looked like a magical utopia, a rainbow forever formed onto the sky, the sunset was still, making the lighting a golden color, and shimmered through the clouds.

"Wow...This is... This is beautiful..."

Rosemary said, lost in the beauty of this world.

She stared for a while longer before snapping herself out of it.

"*Gasps* C'mon! Let's go explore!!"

Lilac said as she tried to take off but was stopped by a grasp on her shirt.

"Not so fast Lils, we don't know if there's potential danger."

Bruce had said.

"But me see fun, me go towards fun!"

Lilac exclaimed in a dramatic fashion and gave him the puppy eyes.

"Still a no, your puppy eyes ain't gonna affect me."

Bruce dragged her back.

She was sat down, her arms crossed and a pout plastered on her face.

Bruce rolled his eyes.

"You can get mad all you want, it isn't changing a thing."

He remarked.

"Talk to the hand, Mr.Partypooper."

Lilac had petulantly replied as she raised her hand and turned her head away, refusing to look at him.

Bruce on the other hand, didn't necessarily care.

He just looked at her with a annoyed expression.

She eventually stopped being angry with him and they progressed on after what it had seem like hours sitting there.

They walked on one floating plain of land, there were two wooden planks on each clump of land, not thinking much of it, crossed the planks, they felt a little give with some of the planks, concerned if they were going to break, they hurriedly rushed up the planks.

They eventually got to the castle.

"This is some castle! It's like out of a fairytale! Like Cinderella!" Lilac exclaimed as stars appeared in her eyes.

Bruce and Rosemary just looked at eachother as they listened to Lilac's childish ramblings, Bruce laughed quietly, not in a rude way, but in an endearing way.

It reminds him of when Simon was little.

It was like deja vu, reliving that moment.

He snapped himself out of it.

"We should head in."

He stated, they walked in.

It looked like a castle in the medieval era, armor of knights, a King and Queen's throne at the very back of the castle,

ahead was a large dining table, with golden plates, utensils of silver, golden cups with gems engraved on them.

It looked like there was a large feast going on, where everyone in the kingdom were invited, the place looked rusted and old, cobwebs everywhere, dust far and wide.

Banners of two colors, red and purple.

Red to the King's throne, purple to the Queen's.

Dimmed lights shimmered in the room.