Part 9: Mistakes Are Made...

Warning: Bully, angst

---------------------------------

"Uhh.. Nothing..?" Rosemary had answered with a unconvincing excuse. Her mother had raised an eyebrow at her horrible attempt to make an excuse, arms crossed. Rosemary knew that attempt only made things worse as she heard her mother's foot taps piercing through her ear drums.

"What were you doing really Rose?" Her mother, Catheryn had asked with a stern tone in her voice.

Rosemary sighed, knowing she was going have to explain what she was really up to.

"There's a door in the wall and mice led me to it, I climbed through and saw the most amazing place ever.. It was a like a fairytale dimension. The mushrooms were as high as a beanstalk in the stories, the trees had bark that sparkled, and the leaves were whistling.

I ventured farther into it and there was a staircase leading up, I climbed the stairs and saw a beautiful fountain with water that sparkled in the sunlight that still was flowing even after all those centuries.

I saw a door, I opened it with some force because it was jammed, and the beauty wasn't the same as it was outside the door, everything was dead in that door, I found a library in that room, I read a diary that explained the history of the war between humans and monsters, humans won, monsters were trapped underground. The only way to enter their realm was to jump into a hole in a mountain, like a volcano hole."

Rosemary explained as the facial expressions of her parents had softened to a disappointed look, not in her, but in themselves.

"I knew she would eventually figure it out.." Simon had whispered to Catheryn.

"Figure what out?" Rosemary asked, having heard her father's whisper.

"The stories you've read were real, the monsters are real, the war was real, everything you've experienced or saw were real. The door is another dimension that you've been teleported to." Catheryn explained everything to Rosemary.

Rosemary couldn't believe everything that she was hearing, her parents knew about this place... She had to ask them something.

"Did you guys go venturing in there like I did?"

"Yes we did." Catheryn confirmed.

"Wait... Did you mention the book?" Catheryn asked, realizing Rosemary had mentioned a diary.

"Oh crap..." Rosemary said, realizing it said to not mention it's presence or bad luck would shower down on her.

She facepalmed herself, knowing she screwed up.

"I guess I'll see what bad fortune will bestow me."

Rosemary was disappointed in herself that she doomed herself to bad luck.

Later that night, she felt a heavy weight in her chest, like she was hurting emotionally in a way, this confused her, she shrugged it off, thinking it was normal.

But as soon as she got to school that next day, she was met with her friends looking at her with angry glares.

"Hey guys.. What's the matter?" Rosemary asked as she put her backpack in her locker.

"We can't be friends anymore." Said one of her friends that was named Katie, wearing a crop top, and a skirt that ended to her fingertips. All her other friends were wearing similar clothes, just each a different color and some different tweeks in the clothes.

"What, why?" Rosemary asked, hurt and confused.

"We realized we were just hanging out with just some girl who we thought was a nice person." Katie had said, clearly upset and genuinely hurt.

"What did I do?" Rosemary asked, desperate to know why her friends were leaving her.

"Don't act like you don't know.. You had made rumors about us that ruined our reputation! Rumors said we were some spoiled brats that like to bully others for they're income!"

Katie had shouted, tears boiling up in her eyes.

Rosemary was stunned, tears began well up in her eyes,

so confused and sad.

"I didn't do that.." Rosmary had mustered up, voice breaking.

"Don't tell me you didn't and begin to cry because you know fully well that you did! Don't try to fake it!"

Katie shouted at Rosemary.

Katie and the others stormed out of the halls, leaving Rosemary crying, in the hall where everyone could see.

Students began to snap photos of her and laughing at her tear soaked face. She ran into a empty classroom and cried for an hour and a half. She walked home after school, completely unhappy. She stormed into the house ignored everyone calling her name in concern.

Rosemary rushed to her room, shut the door and cried into her pillow, regretting even mentioning that stupid book.

'I wish I would've kept my mouth shut about that dumb book..!'