Valentine's Bang

Jacky

Today was Valentine's Day and I was feeling a type of way because Jay hadn't said more than two words about it, or given me anything. He knew how I felt about this day. I was a hopeful romantic and I loved love. He knew that and it was starting to mess with me so here I was on a three way call with my sisters Dorinda and Karen listening to what their husbands had done for them all the while waiting for me to be able to have a romantic moment with my man.

"Dave is so romantic. He booked a two week cruise for us on the islands. He knows that I love anything with water and the beach. I can't wet to get my feet wet."

"That won't be the only thing she'll be getting wet." Dorinda mumbled.

"Doe, shut up. What is Smoke doing for you?" Karen laughed as she rolled her eyes.

"Well.... since you asked! What can I say about my man, my man, my man! He got us tickets to the Janet Jackson concert because he knows, Ms. Jackson if ya nasty is my girl. Not only that, but me and him are going on a helicopter ride in another Miami because he wants to show me the view of the city."

I sighed loudly making both Karen and Dorinda go quiet.

"What's wrong with you, Mrs. Richardson? What did Jay do?" Dorinda asked.

"Nothing, yet and that's the problem. He hasn't told me what we're doing for Valentine's Day and to be hones he hasn't really been home today. He's been out and I don't like that."

"Well, did you call him?" Karen asked.

"Yes, but every time we speak it's short conversation. I need to know what's going on. It's driving me crazy." I admitted.

"Woman of God, patience is a virtue. You know that though, but I can understand the impatience. Maybe he's up to something?"

"I don't know. He would have told me something by now. What if he forgot what today was?" I asked, getting sad.

Karen sighed seeing that I was getting all worked up over this situation.

"Look, Jac you and Jay are still newlyweds. You know your man better than any of us. I think it's to give him the benefit of the doubt and not jump off the deep end. Maybe he just wants to surprise you and that's why he hasn't said anything, but I doubt that he forgot you not after how hard he worked to get you. So, show the man some grace."

Hearing Karen's words, I knew that she was right. But in the back of my head there was still this doubt and insecurity that maybe I was right too. I needed actions to be lined up with words. If I didn't see the fruit of his labor of love then I couldn't fully agree with what she was saying.

"Maybe... I don't know. I have to go. You both enjoy your husbands and we'll talk tomorrow." I said.

"Are you sure?" Karen asked.

"Yes, please? Someone has to enjoy today."

"Alright, keep your head up Jacky. That boy loves you, and he won't forget." Dorinda said.

We said our goodbyes before going our separate ways. I appreciated my sisters trying to cheer me up. However, I missed my man and wanted to be in his skin. I knew that I had to be patient though. So, whatever he was doing I just hoped that it was worth it.

_____

SEVEN HOURS LATER:

It was now 7:45pm and Jay hadn't been home yet. Seven hours without a call or a text and it was driving me crazy. I decided since he hadn't been home yet that I would get dressed and go out to find my man, because enough was enough. After grabbing my keys I went down the stairs to go out the front door. Once I made it to my car, I started it up but before I could leave out my driveway I saw bright headlights coming my way. I sat still as the car pulled into the driveway, then turned their car off. Getting out the car, I saw Jay get out with 24 purple roses, a bag in his hand, and a box of truffles. When he saw the look on my face he smirked.