Eight - The Debriefing

Tuesday
24/12/24 // 12/24/24

Valentina pov
2:58 pm

The band and I have been talking for a while. The nicest and funniest men that I have ever met or talked to in my life.

"Then, when the verse finished and everyone stopped singing, Kit screamed have my children," James said, laughing. He was telling stories from past tours. Safe to say, I was enthralled. He has this charming feature to him and the way he talks. Why do I sound like I'm in love lmao?? I'm not. He is just very, enchanting.

My phone starts buzzing when he finishes and I check my phone. It's Astral. Fuck.

"Sorry, can I take this?" I ask, starting to move out of the way. They nod and I answer.

"ARE YOU FUCKING ALIVE? DO YOU NEED HELP?? DID HE KIDNAP YOU???????? IT HAS BEEN HOURS!!!! YOU HAVEN'T ANSWERED." I pulled my phone away from my ear as Astral screamed into her phone. James turns around, looks at me, and raises his eyebrow in worry while the band members talk.

"HELLO??? VAL???" They yell after silence. I give a small smile to James before he turns around.

"Fuck Ast. Yes, I am alive."

"VALENTINA GRACE AMULET. DO YOU KNOW WHAT FUCKING TIME IT IS???" I check.

"Three pm?"

"THREE HOURS I HAVE BEEN WORRIED SICK."

"Ast,"

"YOU COULD HAVE DIED. THAT JAMES GUY COULD HAVE KIDNAPPED YOU!!"

"Astral."

"HE AND HIS LITTLE BAND, IF HE EVEN ACTUALLY HAD ONE, COULD HAVE HURT YOU-" The band is silent, looking at me and hearing every word he says.

"ASTRAL!" I yell. She goes silent. "I get you are worried. I'll be home in a minute. I love you. Goodbye." I hang up and sigh, lowering my head. I lift my head in shame and see the boys, carefully watching me.

"Sorry. She didn't mean any of that. I'm not the type to not text her back and they thought I was in trouble. Please," I make sure to look all of them in the eyes. "Dont take their words to heart." I weakly smile.

"Do you need me to take you home?" James asks.

"As long as you don't kidnap me." The joke isn't funny anymore but he still smiles. He stands up and starts walking and I follow behind him. I get in the passenger side and start directing him.

"Is Astral your partner?" He asks out of nowhere. I am actually kind of shocked by the question.

"No, they're my best friend," I answer and he nods. I continue to direct him as we reach my flat.

"And here it is. Thank you for taking me James, you didn't have to." I smile as he stops the car and I exit.

"No problem Valentina." He smiles back and waves as I leave.

"Text me later!" I shout just before he drives away. I back up and bump into something, making me stumble back. I look behind me and see Astral, towering over me. I give a weary smile and sigh.

We both start walking in silence. Once we get inside our flat, I hug Astral. Her body releases tension and he squeezes me back.

"I'm sorry." They mutter. "I shouldn't have blown up on you like that. I was really, really worried."

"No, I am sorry. I should have texted you, I was just caught up." We release our hug and we both start giggling. We move to the couch and they watch me.

"Sooo," He raises his eyebrows.

"So?" I ask.

"He's cute?"

"Astral!!" I screech and slap her arm, collapsing onto her, giggling.

"Am I wrong though?"

I giggle, my face red.

"No, just a bit."

"Just a bit?? Girl you are quite literally a blushing mess on me."

"Shut uppp," I mutter from her chest. We lay there in silence, both of us smiling.

"So, I met someone." I sit up and stare at my best friend. We're silent.

"And??" I wait for him to go on.

"We met at the coffee shop. She's so prettyyy," I smile as Astral suddenly collapses onto my chest.

"What's her name??" I ask, I need to know more.

"Her name is Niki,"

"Show me a picture!!"

"How would I already have a picture of her?"

"Because I know how you are, stalking people right after having one conversation with them."

"Bitch, did you not do that with your new boyfriend?" I giggle and punch her arm. "But yeah," They pull up a picture from their phone and show it to me.

insert niki nihachu photo here
(I'm too lazy to find one rn)

"Woah she is pretty! You got a date with her?" I ask, Astral viciously nodding their head in response.

We're silent for a moment.

"We are two idiots in love, huh?" Astral asks.

"Bitch how did you take me finding him cute as me being in love?"

"How did you not? You literally ditched me for 3 hours!!"

"nuh uh"

"You cant just say nuh uh!"

"Ya huh"

"bitch"

"hoe"

And we just kinda of went back and forth with each other, finding various ways to insult each other. All in love though.

803 words